Try this juicy and tender Crockpot Brown Sugar Ham!
The secret to making a perfectly moist, succulent ham is the slow cooker. This recipe for brown sugar ham has a maple syrup and mustard glaze that just clings to the ham, making it sweet, savory, and oh, so tender! Every home cook will reach for this easy 4 ingredient recipe whenever a ham is called for.
Crock Pot Brown Sugar Ham
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Crockpot Ham
- Since all store-bought hams are already cooked, it’s easy to simply reheat them in the Crockpot. Crockpot brown sugar ham has a glaze that’s easily absorbed into the scored sections so every slice comes out juicy and delicious!
- Big or busy families love the versatility of a ready-made ham, hot or cold to snack on or make into a variety of meals in minutes.
- In just a few hours, brown sugar ham can be ready to serve for dinners and lunches all week! Even the leftovers can be made into a fun appetizer or side dish, stirred into a Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole or made into the best Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring.
Ingredients & Variations
HAM – Choose a ham that will easily fit in the Crock Pot with a little room to spare for the juices (these can be used to glaze veggies like Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots, turnips, or sweet potatoes). Bone-in, boneless, or a spiral-cut ham will all work as long as they fit in the Crock Pot when the lid is closed.
GLAZE – Brown sugar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard offset ham’s naturally fatty and salty flavor. Adjust sugar and syrup accordingly for a less sweet ham or use sugar-free alternatives like monk fruit or agave. Dark corn syrup or honey can also be used in a pinch if maple syrup is not available. Other seasonings to add to the brown sugar glaze are orange juice, teriyaki sauce, or a dash of sriracha.
How to Make Brown Sugar Ham
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make this easy recipe:
- Score the top of the ham after placed in the Crock Pot.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together and pour over the top of the ham (as per recipe below).
- Cover and cook until a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 145° F.
Tips for the Best Juicy Ham
- Once the ham is fully cooked, place it on a serving platter and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. This helps the meat firm up and better retain the juices.
- Avoid ‘checking’ the ham in the first 2 hours by taking the lid off the slow cooker. That time is needed for the steam to help the glaze penetrate the ham and make it extra juicy.
Other Delicious Crockpot Recipes!
- Crockpot Meatloaf – a classic make easy!
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – extra tender and delicious.
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops – flavorful.
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – 20 minute prep
- CrockPot Chicken Alfredo – so creamy.
CrockPot Brown Sugar Ham
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (about 2 pounds)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Place ham in the crock pot and score the top of the ham with a knife making a grid pattern about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until completley mixed and pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 140˚F.
- Slice and ham and serve, drizzling leftover juices on top.
- Allow ham to rest for 5 minutes before slicing to better retain the juices.
- Keep lid on during the first 2 hours in order to properly steam the ham.