This easy Ham and Cheese Croissant Braid is so incredibly delicious with impressive presentation!
Braided ham and cheese crescent rolls are a breakfast and brunch showstopper! But this spectacular-looking offering is also surprisingly quick and easy to make. Perfect for any occasion, this croissant braid is hearty, delicious and so satisfying, plus it makes any home cook look like a professional baker!
Ham and Cheese Croissant Braid
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Crescent Bake
- Homemade ham and cheese crescent rolls are economical but rival the Starbucks versions without going through the pricey drive-thru!
- Easy-to-find ingredients and variations allow for on-hand substitutions and switches at a moment’s notice.
- Make these quick and easy breakfast sandwiches in less than 20 minutes and serve them all week long.
- This is the best recipe for a super quick appetizer or as an easy brunch take-along!
Ingredients and Variations
CRESCENT DOUGH: Pillsbury makes refrigerated crescent dough rolls that bake up fluffy and perfect every time!
HAM: Any leftover ham or deli-sliced ham will work. Use pepperoni slices for a pizza version! Bacon bits will also work well!
CHEESE: Cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese match perfectly with ham, but any cheese will do! Mozzarella works with pepperoni and a Mexican blend cheese works with this seasoned ground beef.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Croissant Braid
It’s easy to make and ready in no time:
- Roll out crescent dough to form a rectangle.
- Spread mustard down the center and top with ham and cheese.
- Cut strips from the dough and cross over the dough alternating from each side.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
PRO TIP: Assemble the bread on the prepared baking sheet.
Tips For Success!
- Let the crescent roll dough come to room temperature for about 15 minutes so it’s easier to roll out.
- Make sure that the ingredients are cut in small enough sizes so they stay inside the braid.
- Before baking, whisk an egg white and brush over the top so it has a shiny finish.
- For breakfast or brunch, serve with fresh fruit kabobs, or with a hearty tater tot casserole. Or dip ham and cheese croissant braid pieces into hearty butternut squash soup for lunch, or with tasty slow cooker chili.
Keep leftover ham and cheese croissant braid in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This tasty treat can be frozen as well! Simply slice into serving sizes, wrap with plastic and place in a zip top bag. Freeze for about 3 months. Thaw slices in the refrigerator, then reheat in the oven, under the broiler for a few minutes, or even use an air fryer.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas!
- Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring – another tasty crescent recipe!
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich – perfect for a crowd.
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole – just 20 min prep.
- Overnight Blueberry Breakfast Cake – for a weekend brunch.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Braid
- 1 can crescent dough
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup diced ham
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the over to 375°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the crescent dough form into a rectangle. Spread mustard down the center of the dough and top with the ham and cheese.
- Cut 1-inch strips along both sides of the dough. Cross each strip of dough over each other, alternating from each side.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 17-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Crescent roll dough will be easier to roll out after it has sat at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Cut ingredients into small pieces so they stay inside the braid.
- For a more shiny finish, brush egg white over dough before baking.
- Refrigerate braid in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze sliced braid for up to 3 months wrapped in plastic and stored in a zip top bag.
- Thaw slices in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat in the oven, under the broiler, or with an air fryer.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Ham and Cheese Croissant Braid Recipe!