Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe is very filling, and are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast. The best part is, it requires such little time to prep and throw together that you’ll want to make this for breakfast often!
It was a huge hit with my family so I can’t wait for you to share it with yours!
Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
If you’re looking for a great breakfast idea to feed a crowd, perhaps a make ahead holiday breakfast recipe, or just wanting to try something new, this Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe is perfect!
It’s easy to make, can be made ahead, and it’s a fun twist on your regular breakfast casseroles!
Tortillas are filled with a delicious mixture of ham and cheddar with onion, topped with eggs and served warm from the oven!
These were perfect for when I had family coming in for the holidays. I don’t know about you but when I have company for the holidays, I try to make as many meals ahead of time as possible.
That way I can just focus on my family or guests and not worry about spending all my time in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
This recipe was perfect for the occasion!
Is your mouth watering yet?
These breakfast enchiladas are filled with some of our breakfast favorites, ham and cheddar but you can easily make this recipe your own just but customizing the ingredients for the filling.
You can add in any kind of cooked sausage such as chorizo or breakfast sausage. I had some ham leftover from the holidays and so it worked perfectly!
When feeding a crowd, I also sometimes add in some extra vegetables to make them a little bit bigger! Add in any kind of veggies, bell peppers and mushrooms are great choices. (Pre-cook the mushrooms so they don’t get watery).
All of that cheesy deliciousness!! Don’t you want to just dive in?
Okay, enough drooling, it’s time we get this party started and let you learn how to make them for yourself!
Aside from the cooking ingredients, you’ll need to make sure you have a 9×13 baking dish and some non stick cooking spray.
Serve this Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas recipe with a fresh fruit salad and a hot cup of coffee for the perfect meal!
- 2 cups ham cubed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 8 flour tortillas medium size
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half & half or whole milk
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar, ham, green onion, minced onion, and garlic salt.
- Mix well and set aside 1/4 cup for topping.
- Starting with one tortilla, add 1/4 - 1/3 cup of the ham mixture into the center and roll. Place seam side down into the prepared dish.Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Whisk together eggs half & half. Pour egg mixture over rolled tortillas and then top with reserved 1/4 cup of ham mixture.
- Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until eggs are set.
- Remove the foil, top with remaining 1.5 cups of shredded cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love