Tender pierogis covered in a creamy mushroom sauce with ham, onions and cheese provides a little bit of comfort in every bite!
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I really love pierogis!
Truly, there is no substitute for homemade pierogis or ones that you purchase from a farmer’s market. But if you are craving pierogis and are not able to bring homemade ones to your table, then this Pierogi Casserole recipe is the next best thing!
Store bought and frozen pierogis are very tasty! They have developed into a very comparable product to the homemade version.
Not only are they tasty, but they are reasonably priced and you can’t beat the convenience.
This no fuss meal has to be one of the easiest meals to create! All the ingredients layered in one pan makes prep and clean up a breeze.
My recipe asks to saute the onions before layering them on top of the pierogis, however you could add the onion uncooked if you are in a rush.
Ham is so delicious in this dish but you can use cooked bacon or even cooked ground sausage. Any of these options would be equally delicious! See what you have in your freezer or what your family prefers and create your own version!
While my pierogi casserole is a super easy recipe and already has easy clean up, you can make it even easier if you line your baking dish with foil.
Be sure to spray liberally with cooking spray or even brush with melted butter before laying your ingredients. What could be easier for busy weeknights!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 bags frozen pierogies (14 pierogies each)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cooked ham diced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Saute onion slices with butter until soft.
- Combine the mushroom soup and milk till smooth. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of pan with frozen perogies. Top with cooked onion and diced ham.
- Pour the mushroom soup mixture over the entire pan, covering evenly. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Pierogie Casserole is a delicious, wholesome and hearty meal prepared in one dish and is perfect for your busy schedule. It is comfort food at it’s best!