Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef is sensational! It captures the essence of tender and flavorful meat, served hot and quenched in all its juices. It’s the perfect, easy meal for any day of the week.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you think this is one of those meals that seems difficult to make, have I got news for you! This Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef is so easy to make and so sensational to eat, you and your family will love every shredded morsel.
The balsamic sauce really is the star of the show. It flavors the meat so well, while slow cooking allows the meat to marinate. This creates a super moist and tender roast beef which basically shreds itself!
What does balsamic sauce taste like?
- Balsamic glaze is a dark and concentrated sauce that is thicker than balsamic vinegar, but has the same sweet and tart flavor.
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef recipe is the best of both worlds; it tastes amazing and it is super easy!
Prepare your ingredients and assemble in your crock pot, then all you have to do is put the lid on and walk away. Fours hours later you have a home cooked meal that took only 5 minutes to throw together.
I love the slow cooker. The simplicity of this recipe is insane and the result is truly magical.
What is the best cut of beef roast for a slow cooker?
There are several different kinds of cuts that are good for the slow cooker:
- Boneless chuck roast
- Chuck roast
- Top sirloin roast
- Round roast
Here are a few tips for making this the best Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef:
- Make sure to season your roast before adding all your ingredients.
- Once you start cooking, don’t remove the lid during the cooking process.
- Make sure to add enough liquid (other than water) to flavor the roast and keep it moist.
- Add bold flavors to enhance the flavor of the roast and that you will enjoy eating.
- Shred roast beef and serve over mashed potatoes or make into sandwiches.
- Reserve all the juices left in the slow cooker to pour over like gravy or use to dip your sandwich into.
One of my favorite things to make with the left over roast beef is roast beef sliders. They are so simple to make and if you keep the remaining juices from the slow cooker it makes a great dipping sauce for the sandwiches.
If you love crock pot beef recipes, then you have to give Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches a try – so yummy!
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef is a win-win. You don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen and you will have a delicious meal your whole family will love. So it’s time to put the lid on, walk away and enjoy 4 hours of “me” time until it’s dinner time.
- 1- 3 lb boneless roast beef round or chuck
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- (OR homemade dry onion soup mix)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
Place roast in slow cooker and season with black pepper.
Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over roast.
Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker and place on a large platter or rimmed sheet pan and shred.
Pour remaining juices over meat and serve hot over mashed potatoes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love