This caramel apple dump cake is a wonderfully sweet, moist and crumbly dessert that you will love to make and eat!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake recipe
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you’ve used an apple dump cake recipe with yellow cake mix before, the extra flavor, sweetness, and creaminess of the caramel sauce in this recipe will be a delicious surprise! And if you’ve never heard of or made a dump cake, the ingredients are few and the process literally involves “dumping” ingredients in even layers into a baking dish, then covering them with melted butter before baking. The beauty of a dump cake is that you can easily substitute other fruit fillings based on what you like, or just to experience several luscious varieties. Whatever fruit filling you use, your dump cake will always be a crowd-pleaser!
Notice that there are really only four ingredients needed to make this caramel apple dump cake. This recipe is quick and easy because it uses apple pie filling rather than fresh apples. The moistness of the apple pie filling binds perfectly with the dry cake mix to provide the soft-cooked apple and moist cake-crumble texture that makes this dessert so pleasing and memorable.
The three optional ingredients include cinnamon, which deepens the flavor just a bit, and chopped pecans (or you can use walnuts), which add a nutty crunchiness. You will definitely want to serve this dessert warm, and a spoonful of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream, although optional, is a wonderful way to top this dessert!
The recipe instructions are very simple; here are just a few extra tips:
- You can use butter, margarine, or a non-stick spray to grease your baking dish.
- Even though you are “dumping” the filling and the cake mix, one on top of the other, be sure to spread both evenly so that they will combine evenly when baked.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix as evenly as possible before topping with the optional nuts.
- Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This caramel apple dump cake, served warm with whipped cream or ice cream, is simple to make, deliciously sweet, and immensely satisfying — exactly what we want our dessert to be!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
Apple Pie Filling * Yellow Cake Mix * 9 x 13 baking dish
- 2 cans of apple pie filling you can also use cherry, blueberry, etc.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter 1 cup, melted
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce like you would put on ice cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Whipped cream for garnish optional
In a greased 9x13 dish, mix apple pie filling and caramel sauce.
You may add in the 1/2 tsp cinnamon if desired.
Spread evenly in pan.
Pour dry cake mix directly on top of the pie filing and spread evenly.
Top with melted butter and pecans (optional).
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and apple filling is bubbly around the edges.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
More recipes you’ll love