Make a full meal with little prep with this Crockpot Chicken Fajitas recipe.
With just a little fajita seasoning and some onion and peppers, you can turn boneless and skinless chicken breasts into a flavorful main dish with distinctly Mexican flavors. This chicken is perfect for stuffing, topping, or just serving as a simple and easy main dish.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
PIN IT to your DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Crockpot Fajitas
- Everyone loves fajitas, especially the grand production of presenting them, sizzling and steaming, fresh from the kitchen. The difference is that these crockpot fajitas are made without all the fuss and muss of stovetop cooking. Just ‘set it and forget it’ while enjoying some time to prepare other things, like Texas Caviar or a side of Mexican Corn Salad.
- Cooked long and slow in the crockpot, these chicken breasts will absorb the fajita spice and all the yummy juices of the peppers and onions.
- What’s more, is that all the ingredients in this recipe are so healthy (and low carb).
- These chicken fajitas are delicious served with some homemade salsa, and then topped with shredded cheese. Use the chicken to top a caesar salad, or add them to a tortilla with some cheese, black beans, and salsa for a filling wrap.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN Choose boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Fresh or frozen breasts will do. Slice the chicken into strips.
FAJITA SPICE Fajita spice is a combination of cayenne pepper, paprika, sugar, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, garlic, and more. It has a bit of spicy kick to it. Pre-mixed fajita can easily be found in the Mexican section of the supermarket. The breasts can also be seasoned with taco seasoning.
THE VEGETABLES It seems like all the colors of the pepper world are added to this chicken dish – red, green, and yellow. Remember to slice them into strips and layer them on top of the chicken.
VARIATIONS After the chicken has cooked, make a plate of sauteed mushrooms, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives or cucumbers, jalapenos. Make another plate of shredded Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese, or crumbled cotija cheese. Make some refried beans or black beans. Add a plate of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Place all of these out on the table with some tortillas and everyone can make their own wraps.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Make chicken fajitas so easily in the crockpot.
- Slice the chicken into strips and add to crockpot.
- Season with fajita seasoning and add bell peppers and onions.
- Cook (per the recipe below).
Serve on top of tortillas with a side of rice-a-roni for the perfect meal.
Tips for an Easy Crockpot Meal
Crockpots are so versatile and this crockpot recipe is super adaptable. Short on time? Crank up the temperature to high and cook for only two hours. Or, cook four to six hours like the recipe states. Either way, this easy crockpot fajita recipe will turn out perfectly every time!
Freeze any leftovers in an air-tight container. Leftover breasts are great for stuffing into sandwiches or topping salads. They will keep in the freezer for 3 months.
More Delicious Mexican Meals
- Easy Taco Dip – easy and creamy smooth
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos – spicy juicy chicken
- Mexican Corn Salad -a flavorful fiesta
- Mexican Cheese Soup – a cheesy soup
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Place sliced chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour the fajita seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Slice up the bell peppers and onions and place on top of the chicken and seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.