Crock Pot Italian Beef is absolutely full of flavor and makes the perfect sandwich filling!
A tender beef roast is cooked low and slow with butter, ranch mix and pepperoncinis for the perfect blend of flavors. We put this in a toasted dinner roll and top with cheese for a dish we can’t resist. Crock Pot Italian Beef sandwiches are going to be a meal your family will ask for again and again!
Crock Pot Italian Beef
PIN this recipe to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest!
How to Make Crock Pot Italian Beef
This homemade Italian Beef recipe is inspired from the classic Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich. It’s insanely easy to make and everyone raves about it:
- Place the beef roast in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred beef and stir into juices in the slow cooker.
It’s that easy! Next, toast up some hoagie rolls, and add a slice of cheese and voila! While it’s totally optional, I often thicken the gravy with a little bit of cornstarch and stir the meat in for delicious results!
Substitutions for Crockpot Italian Beef
This easy recipe can be tailored based on what you have on hand! Here are a few simple substitutions that will allow you to produce an Italian Beef Sandwich using similar ingredients and having total success!
- PEPPERONCINI: Pepperoncini peppers add lots of flavor (don’t worry, this beef is NOT spicy). A good substitute is banana peppers, the flavor is similar but they may add slightly more heat.
- ITALIAN DRESSING MIX: The Italian dressing seasoning mix is so handy to have on hand, but if you don’t have it in packet form, you can make homemade Italian dressing mix or substitute 2 teaspoons bulk Italian seasoning for each packet.
- CHEESE: Provolone cheese is awesome on this sandwich, however I also love a combination of mozzarella and parmesan, or you can use mozzarella entirely on its own.
- ROLLS: While hoagie buns are perfect in this recipe, soft roll will do. Make sure they’re not too soft, you don’t want it to break apart when you dip this delicious sandwich in the leftover juices!
More Slow Cooker Favorites
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Chili
- Crock Pot Baked Beans
Leftover Crock Pot Italian Beef?
This slow cooker Italian Beef will last a few days in the fridge. If you’d like to keep it longer, this beef freezes beautifully!
Crock Pot Italian Beef (Sandwiches)
- Place roast in crockpot. Pour beef broth and juice from peppers on top of the roast.
- Add remaining ingredients except hoagie buns, cheese and cornstarch.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred beef and return to the juices. (If desired, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Mix well and stir into juices. Turn onto high for 15-20 minutes to thicken).
- Add beef to buns and top with a slice of provolone. Broil until melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Tender, moist, delicious beef smothered in cheese and served on a soft bun…sounds a little like heaven! This Crock Pot Italian Beef recipe is exactly what you need in your daily recipe box. Quick, easy and delicious, your family with definitely thank you for it!