CrockPot Beef and Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy CrockPot Beef and Broccoli takes its cue from Asian cuisine, with simple, tasty ingredients that won’t break the bank. Melt-in-your mouth tender beef is cooked low and slow, then combined with bright crisp broccoli, and drenched in a smoky-sweet homemade teriyaki sauce.
I just love using my slow cooker for Slow Cooker Chili or Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef for easy weekday meals. And this delicious crock pot version of beef and broccoli stir fry, made right in the slow cooker, is one of the best things I can think of to come home to on a week night!
CrockPot Beef and Broccoli
Pin it to your SLOW COOKER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Beef To Use For Beef And Broccoli
Like Slow Cooker Pot Roast or CrockPot Italian Beef Sandwiches, you don’t have to buy an expensive cut of meat to achieve perfect beef nirvana. Nope, the CrockPot will do all the heavy lifting for you, leaving your stomach (and your wallet) happy!
So go ahead and buy that flank steak, or eye round! It will turn out so tender you can cut it with a fork! (Full disclosure: even though it’s more expensive, I sometimes buy pre-cut stewing beef, just to save a step! It’s still way cheaper and better than takeout!)
How to Make CrockPot Beef and Broccoli
- Crank up the ol’ CrockPot. Cut beef against the grain and chop onion. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, except cornstarch and broccoli.
- Cook according to recipe, until beef is fork tender.
- At the end, add the broccoli and thicken the sauce. (Fresh broccoli is best, but frozen may be used, just test to make sure it heats all the way through.) That’s all there will be to it!
The Best Beef and Broccoli Sauce
Ingredients you’ll find in the best sauce usually have some combination of these ingredients:
- Ginger for a burst of zesty flavour
- Garlic for its savory undertones
- Soy sauce or Tamari for authentic Asian taste
- Brown sugar to pull it all together! (I used to leave this out, but I found out that my family will gobble up the broccoli when I keep it in! Apparently there is something about the flavor of broccoli florets soaked in this particular sauce that turns everyone into a veggie lover!)
- Chili flakes combine with the fresh ginger to make this a sauce with zing, so go easy- you can always add more later!
What To Serve With Beef and Broccoli
Serve CrockPot Beef and Broccoli over a bed of rice for an amazing combination!
- Use a fragrant rice like Jasmine, for something special.
- Any long grain rice will taste incredible with the sauce.
- For a healthy choice try using brown rice, just be aware that it takes much longer to cook!
Or, go low carb, and serve this alongside roasted cauliflower! Sprinkle some sesame seed and green onion on top for a garnish, and it will be even more special!
This recipe is one that we love to make over and over again! So you will definitely want to add it to your recipe box today!
Other Easy CrockPot Beef Recipes To Try!
Crock Pot Italian Beef – perfect for sandwiches.
CrockPot Cocktail Meatballs – a delicious appetizer!
Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – comfort food at it’s finest.
Cheesy Crock Pot Lasagna – a classic, made in the slow cooker!
Easy Taco Chili – perfectly spiced chili.
This CrockPot Beef and Broccoli has slow cooked, melt in your mouth beef, bright broccoli and a sweet and smoky teriyaki sauce for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 lb. stewing beef trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and broccoli in a slow cooker.
Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and whisk into beef mixture. Add broccoli to the slow cooker and cover.
Cook 20-30 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp.
Serve over rice.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)