Crockpot carrots are a hearty and delicious side dish that goes with everything!
Brown sugar glazed carrots are slow cooked in a sweet buttery glaze, made with just a hint of cinnamon, until they are tender and sweet. Crock pot carrots make an impressive side dish for any occasion, and are especially festive for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table. Plus using the crock pot makes holiday meal planning extra easy!
Simple Slow Cooker Side Dish!
- Crock pot carrots only need 5 ingredients that can be adjusted to suit your needs. Make them more or less sweet or add savory herbs and spices.
- Cook in batches and freeze portions for future recipes! Just add everything to the crock pot, set it, and forget it!
- Glazed carrots are an easy addition to any holiday buffet table! They stay tender-crisp in the crockpot and guests can help themselves!
Only 5 Ingredients!
CARROTS: Choose carrots that are generally the same size or cut them as directed in the recipe below. Carrots also come in different colors other than orange. Feel free to experiment with purple, red, white, and yellow varieties. Frozen carrots can be used, and they don’t need to be thawed first. Other root vegetables to include are baby or fingerling potatoes, diced parsnips, turnips, pearl onions, or halved brussels sprouts.
SUGAR: Brown sugar can be replaced with maple syrup or honey.
SEASONINGS: Just a touch of cinnamon works in this recipe, but a touch of nutmeg, allspice, or cloves will add more depth of flavor. A sprig of thyme makes an attractive garnish.
How to Make Crockpot Carrots
- Place prepared carrots in a crockpot and sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook until tender, stirring after 2 hours (as per the recipe below).
Tips For Success
- If the carrots are thin, they can be cut into 1″ pieces.
- Garden fresh or fresh small carrots will cook faster while thicker or older carrots may need extra time. Check the carrots early so they do not overcook.
- Delicious serve alongside baked chicken thighs or roast beef.
For best results, keep leftover crockpot carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Reheat brown sugar carrots in the microwave or on the stovetop with a tablespoon of butter. Adjust seasonings and serve. Or, add leftover crockpot carrots to a stir fry, soup, or add to roasted vegetables.
More Carrot Recipes To Try!
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots – a quick stovetop version
- Candied Carrots – quick and easy to make
- Carrot Casserole – delicious and different
- 2 pounds carrots
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. For the larger end, cut again so you have sticks that are ½-inch thick and about 3 inches long.
- Place carrots into a 4-quart crock pot and sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high heat setting 3-4 hours, stirring after 2 hours.
- Season with additional salt if desired.
- Thin or fresh carrots will cook faster than thicker, or more mature carrots. So be mindful of the cooking time and check them often so they do not overcook.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container, or zippered bag. Refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Add leftovers to other recipes, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crockpot Carrots Recipe