Crockpot Meatloaf is the best “set it and forget it” main dish ever!
For a tasty classic dinner that goes with everything, try making this deliciously savory slow cooker meatloaf. It has such easy ingredients, and since it’s made with stuffing mix, the flavor is fantastic. With a tangy ketchup glaze on top, it always comes out tasting great!
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
- This recipe is super convenient—prepare the meat with onion and place it in the crock of a slow cooker. Bake on the low setting, and come home to a piping hot supper, ready to eat.
- For an easy one pot meal, throw in some parboiled potatoes and carrots. Make a package of gravy mix, or throw together this Homemade White Gravy, and dinner is served!
- Leftovers can be frozen and used in future meals, so it’s perfect for make-ahead, meal prep, or batch cooking.
GROUND BEEF – For best results, use lean or extra lean ground beef for Crockpot cooking. If regular ground beef is preferred for flavor, be sure to drain the finished meatloaf on some paper towels before serving.
BINDER – Stuffing mix makes it so easy and flavorful to hold the ground beef together. Good substitutes include oatmeal, breadcrumbs, or small pieces of bread, toast, or croutons. Add some Italian seasoning for extra flavor.
GLAZE – Ketchup glaze is a classic on a Crockpot meatloaf recipe like this one. It includes ketchup, of course, and apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and onion.
- For a different and easy flavor combination, try using half a package of onion soup mix along with the stuffing mix.
- Try making a stuffed meatloaf, by making two loaves and placing cheese in between before pressing the two halves together.
- If ketchup glaze isn’t a favorite, try bbq sauce instead. For a barbecue bacon meatloaf, try sprinkling on some bacon bits, or lay strips of bacon across the top of the meat before cooking.
How To Make Meatloaf In A Crockpot
This recipe couldn’t be easier, just a few easy steps to meatloaf perfection:
- Mix glaze ingredients together.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and form into a loaf shape.
- Top with glaze and cook (as per the recipe below).
- Reglaze, then broil to make the glaze bubbly.
Best Sides For Meatloaf
Crockpot meatloaf tastes great with any kind of potato dish! Try it with Garlic Mashed, Crispy Smashed, or Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes. Add a side Spinach and Strawberry Salad or some colorful Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Balsamic Vinegar. And don’t forget dessert! Try making these easy No Bake Mini Cheesecake Cups for a meal to remember.
Tips & Time Savers!
- For super easy clean up, line the Crockpot with aluminum foil, and spray it with cooking oil prior to adding the meatloaf.
- Make slow cooker meatloaf ahead of time, wrap individual slices and freeze. They are perfect for a quick meatloaf sandwich on the go.
- Refrigerate leftover meatloaf up to four days and freeze up to 6 months. Try adding it to Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta or any dish that calls for ground beef!
Other Easy CrockPot Meals!
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – Just 20 min prep!
- Creamy Crockpot Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms – delicious.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – a classic made easy in the crockpot!
- Sweet And Spicy Crock Pot Ribs Recipe – an easy way to cook ribs.
- Crock Pot French Dip Recipe – a savory, easy meal.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion minced & divided
- 1 box 6 ounce dried stuffing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup glaze
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Line slow cooker (6 quart or larger) with aluminum foil, then grease or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Shape into an oval log and place into the prepared crockpot. Top with half of the glaze, cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Lift meatloaf out of the crockpot, place it on a baking sheet and cover with remaining glaze. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the glaze is sticky and bubbling.
- Do not over mix the meatloaf ingredients.
- Line Crockpot with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil for easy clean up.
- Be sure meatloaf is cooked to an internal temperature of 160˚F for safe consumption.
- Refrigerate leftover meatloaf up to four days and freeze up to 6 months. Wrap sliced individually for an excellent grab and go lunch idea.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.