Let the perfect combination of cheese and bacon come together for guests to enjoy in this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball recipe.
Guest will not be able to stop dipping their crudités (raw vegetables), crackers, or flatbreads into this cheesy and bacon-covered ball of flavor. This super easy recipe uses shredded cheddar cheese, some ranch dressing and smooth cream cheese, and of course some bacon.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Best Party Appetizer
- This easy ranch cheese ball is coated in bacon for the perfect bite!
- This ball of appetizer delight is such a simple appetizer to pull together when guests are coming over. Just a few easy to find ingredients are all that is needed for this favorite dish.
- This perfectly formed cheese ball looks so impressive nestled in among all the dipping options like cut vegetables, flatbreads, crackers, and chips.
- Cheese balls can be made a few days ahead of time making them the best-premade party appetizer. Even better, they can be prepared up to a month ahead and frozen.
- Serve an easy appetizer platter alongside other favorites like Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball, Bacon Beef Queso Dip, and Homemade Salsa Recipe.
Ingredients & Variations
CHEESE Two packages of cream cheese are needed for this recipe. It may be easier to mix the ingredients if the cream cheese has been softened to room temperature.
To save time, skip shredding the cheddar cheese and buy pre-shredded cheese.
BACON Cook some bacon and let it cool before crumbling and adding to the cheese mixture. Another option is to use bacon bits. Spread them on a paper towel and microwave them for about 20-30 seconds to crisp them up.
DIPPERS Serve with ritz crackers, wheat thins, and other crispy savory crackers make perfect little vehicles for this dip! Don’t forget about pita bread, naan, or even small mini- English muffins!
Or opt for some thinly sliced cucumber, carrot, or zucchini coins and celery sticks!
How to Make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
This cheese ball comes together quickly with only five ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients, setting half the bacon aside.
- Form into a ball and roll in the bacon.
- Refrigerate (per recipe below) and serve.
Roll up this appetizer and nestle it among some crackers or vegetables for an impressive presentation.
Shortcuts for This Recipe
Save time and make this tasty homemade cheese ball up to two days in advance. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and set it on a plate in the refrigerator. Wait to sprinkle on the green onions until plated and ready to be served!
This will help it to keep its round form. It may also help to roll it in the bacon just before serving, that way the bacon stays nice and crunchy.
Tips for the Perfect Cheese Ball
- The most important tip is to let the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese come to room temperature before mixing.
- Have leftovers? This cheese ball recipe can be frozen for about a month if wrapped tightly and put into a freezer bag so it doesn’t absorb the flavors or odors from the other items in the freezer.
- To serve, let the cheeseball thaw in the fridge overnight. Reshape and add additional garnishes, like chopped nuts or sliced green onions before serving.
Irresistibly Creamy Appetizers
- Jalapeno & Bacon Cheese Ball – creamy, cheesy, and a little bit spicy!
- Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball recipe – just 15 mins prep
- Creamy Bacon Dip recipe – loaded with bacon!
- Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball recipe – deliciously sweet
- Chili Cheese Dip – only 4 ingredients!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz each, room temp
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup bacon crumbled & divided
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- 1 packet ranch mix
- Place cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in ranch dip mix and green onion. Stir in shredded cheddar and ½ cup of the bacon crumbles.
- Once mixed, using your hands, form into a ball. Roll the ball into the remaining ½ cup of bacon crumbles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.