This easy cheese ball recipe only takes 5 ingredients and is ready in an hour!
Who doesn’t love the perfect pairing of ranch dressing and bacon mixed with tangy cream cheese?
Holidays, game days, or any day is a good day to whip up a bacon ranch cheese ball!
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Bacon ranch cheese balls are just as welcome at a casual BBQ as they are at a fancy cocktail party!
- Make-and-take cheese balls are easy to transport and can be made up to four days ahead – the flavors will just continue to blend!
- Spread this tasty dip on a bagel, or a wrap, or use it to fill cherry tomatoes or mushroom caps as a tasty app for low-carb followers!
- Make one large cheese ball, or shape them into bite-sized balls with a toothpick in each!
5-Ingredient Cheese Ball
Cream Cheese Base: Go for full-fat cream cheese because that’s where the flavor is! Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Blue cheese crumbles, and even a Mexican cheese blend (or a combination of all!) will add tangy flavor to cheese balls.
Seasonings: Ranch seasoning has its own iconic flavor! But you can also make your own so it’s always on hand! Feel free to add a few red pepper flakes for a pop of color, if desired.
Variations: Other add-ins for bacon ranch cheese balls are cooked ground beef or pork, jalapenos, diced bell peppers, chopped black olives or sun-dried tomatoes, and even chopped spinach. Besides bacon bits, other tasty coatings are chopped nuts or slivered almonds, crispy fried onions, crushed Ritz crackers, or tortilla chips.
How to make Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy (as per the recipe below).
- Stir in ranch dip, green onions, cheddar cheese, and ½ cup of bacon.
- Form into a ball and refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll the cheese ball into the remaining bacon crumbles before serving.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Serving Suggestions
- Surround bacon ranch cheese ball with an assortment of crackers, chips, pita chips, crostini, celery, and thick slices of cucumber or zucchini. Add a small butter knife if serving with delicate chips or crackers.
- Cheese balls make stunning visual presentations on the table. Serve alongside other favorites like bacon wrapped smokies, cranberry turkey pinwheels, tortilla chips with guacamole and homemade salsa.
- Let the cheese ball soften about 20 minutes before serving.
This leftover bacon ranch cheese ball can be saved in a covered container or wrapped in plastic and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Freeze for up to a month in plastic wrap placed in a zippered bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reshape and add fresh garnishes, if necessary.
Have you tried this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounces each, softened
- 1 packet ranch mix
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup crumbled bacon divided
- Place cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in ranch dip mix and green onion. Stir in shredded cheddar and ½ cup of the bacon crumbles.
- Once mixed, form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, roll the cream cheese ball into the remaining ½ cup of crumbled bacon.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.
- Freeze this cheese ball recipe for about a month. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag.
- To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight. Reshape and add additional garnishes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.