This easy ranch cheese ball is coated in bacon for the perfect bite! Serve alongside bite-sized Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots and mouth-watering BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites for a bacon-filled spread that everyone will rave about!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How to Make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
This cheese ball comes together quickly with only five ingredients:
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature and fold in shredded cheddar, crumbled & cooked bacon.
- Add the ranch dressing and sliced green onions. Shape into large balls (about 1 cup in size).
- Roll in more bacon!
Refrigerate one hour before serving.
The best part, you can make this tasty homemade cheese ball up to two days in advance. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and set on a plate in the refrigerator. Wait to sprinkle on the green onions until plated and ready to be served!
Shortcuts for this Recipe
- Bacon: Purchase precooked bacon bits (be sure they’re real bacon). Spread them on a paper towel and microwave them for about 20-30 seconds to crisp them up.
- Cheese: Skip the shredding, in recipes where the cheese doesn’t have to melt buy shredded cheese. It’s the perfect addition.
- Make-Ahead: Cheese balls can be made a few days ahead of time making them party perfect. Even better, up to a month ahead and freeze it.
Can Cheese Balls Be Frozen?
Easy peasy cheesy! Cheese balls can be frozen for about a month if they are wrapped tightly and put into a freezer bag so they don’t absorb the flavors or odors from the other items in the freezer.
To serve, let the cheeseball thaw in the fridge overnight. Reshape and add additional garnishes, like chopped nuts or sliced green onions before serving.
What Dippers to Serve With It
Crackers and cheese always go together, Ritz crackers and Wheat Thins, and other crispy savory crackers make perfect little vehicles for cheese balls! Don’t forget about pita bread, naan, or even small mini- English muffins!
If you’re looking for something a little lighter and healthier, opt for some thinly sliced cucumber, carrot, or zucchini coins and celery sticks!
Irresistibly Creamy Appetizers
- Jalapeno & Bacon Cheese Ball – creamy, cheesy and a little bit spicy!
- Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball recipe – just 15 mins prep
- Creamy Bacon Dip recipe – loaded with bacon!
- Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball recipe – deliciously sweet
- Chili Cheese Dip – only 4 ingredients!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz each, room temp
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup bacon crumbled & divided
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- 1 packet ranch mix
- Place cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in ranch dip mix and green onion. Stir in shredded cheddar and ½ cup of the bacon crumbles.
- Once mixed, using your hands, form into a ball. Roll the ball into the remaining ½ cup of bacon crumbles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.