Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are so delicious and always a hit with the family!! They’re super easy to make and surprisingly full of flavor!! You’ll love this, it’s a wonderful side dish and nothing says comfort like some mashed potatoes!
Garlic Mashed PotatoesPin Recipe Print Recipe
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 2 sticks butter 8 oz, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Cut end off end of head of garlic, place in foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Close up foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- Cover in water in large pan and boil 20 - 30 minutes, until soft.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add 4 cloves of the roasted garlic by popping out of their skins.
- Mash potatoes with a masher until everything is pretty mashed
- Add butter.
- Use hand mixer to smooth out any remaining lumps.
- Slowly add cream until potatoes reach right consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.