Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are so delicious and always a hit with the family!! They’re super easy to make and surprisingly full of flavor!! You’ll love this, it’s a wonderful side dish and nothing says comfort like some mashed potatoes!
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 2 sticks butter 8 oz, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Cut end off end of head of garlic, place in foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Close up foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- Cover in water in large pan and boil 20 - 30 minutes, until soft.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add 4 cloves of the roasted garlic by popping out of their skins.
- Mash potatoes with a masher until everything is pretty mashed
- Add butter.
- Use hand mixer to smooth out any remaining lumps.
- Slowly add cream until potatoes reach right consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.