Make a taco casserole with Doritos for a tasty main dish with a southwest flavor baked right into the crust!
This Dorito taco bake has layers of ground beef, creamy salsa, and loads of melty cheese topped with lettuce and tomatoes.
It’s easy to make and sure to be a dinnertime winner!
Easy Dorito Taco Bake!
- Whip up this easy casserole just in time for last-minute game nights, parties, and sleepovers – kids just love it!
- This taco bake casserole recipe is a time-saving twist to a traditional taco bar since everything is baked together in one easy-to-assemble and serve dish!
- This dish is adaptable! Dorito taco bake is so good, it can be served as a dip with tortilla chips or wrapped into tortillas for a tasty school or workday lunch!
- Serve this fun dish along with chicken enchiladas, taco pockets, and a corn salad for a tasty Mexican inspired meal.
Ingredients and Variations
Meat – Ground beef, shredded chicken, chicken thighs, or even ground turkey can be used. Switch out the ground beef for two cans of drained black beans if desired.
Doritos – So many varieties of Doritos to choose from! Nacho Cheese, Salsa Verde, Flamin’ Hot, Cool Ranch…pick any you like, or use plain tortilla chips!
Filling – Cream cheese and salsa infuse all the flavors together. Make your own salsa and adjust the seasonings any way you like! Red (roja) or green (verde) salsas are perfect in this recipe!
Variations – Top Doritos taco casserole with colorful diced bell peppers, sliced black olives, avocado, green onions, jalapenos, green chiles, salsa or guacamole.
How to Make Taco Casserole with Doritos
Just like our popular Dorito pie, this recipe comes together fast and is ready in minutes!
- Crush Doritos and layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cook and season ground beef (per recipe below) and spread over the chips.
- Blend cream cheese and salsa and spread over the ground beef layer.
- Top with cheese, bake until hot and bubbly. Garnish with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and extra cheese.
Tips and Tricks
- Easily crush Doritos chips by placing the chips in a plastic bag and rolling a rolling pin over them until they are broken, but not too small.
- Lightly spray the bottom of the casserole dish with pan release for faster cleanup!
- Be sure to drain any fat from the ground beef.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature before using it for easier blending. If it still seems too thick after blending in Step 3, mix in a little milk to loosen it up some more.
Cover and keep taco casserole in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy it cold like a dip with chips or veggies, or reheat it, cover with foil, and bake in the oven at 350°F or in the microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds until heated through. Freezing isn’t recommended as the chips won’t stay crunchy after they’re thawed out.
Have you tried this Taco Casserole With Doritos recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Easy Taco Casserole
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and add the crushed Doritos to the bottom of the pan.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and add taco seasoning as directed on the package. Spread over Dorito layer.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, slowly add in salsa. Spoon over ground beef layer and smooth out evenly.
- Top with 1 ½ cups shredded cheese. Bake at 350˚F for 25-30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Place Doritos chips in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush up.
- Spray casserole dish with pan release for easier clean up.
- Allow cream cheese come to room temperature, or microwave until soft, for easier blending.
- Refrigerate casserole in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, cover with foil, and heat in a 350°F oven, or in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.