This Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring recipe is perfect for a quick morning bite or an upscale coffee date!
It’s so much fun to create elegant meals from easy-to-get ingredients. This recipe is prepped, baked, and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
This recipe for a cheese and bacon crescent ring takes no time and comes out light and flaky with melted cream cheese and savory bacon.
Breakfast Crescent Ring
- Pillsbury always has the best selection of refrigerated dough. From biscuits to breadsticks, to crescent rolls, there are so many recipes to try.
- This breakfast crescent ring is a portable treat. Carefully wrap it in plastic wrap or a small container with a tight-fitting lid and tuck it into a backpack or briefcase for a quick and easy snack.
- Morning meetings or breakfast buffets are the perfect occasions to serve a breakfast crescent ring. Switch up the ingredients and make a new dish every time, or serve it as an appetizer on game night!
Ingredients and Variations
DOUGH: Crescent roll dough produces those perfect triangles ready to be filled and rolled up. However, in a pinch, biscuit dough, breadstick dough, or even pizza dough can be rolled out thin and cut into triangles with a pizza cutter.
CHEESE: Herb and garlic cream cheese adds a savory flavor to this breakfast ring, but plain cream cheese will work, too. For a super savory option, mix in some homemade Olive Garden Salad Dressing, or your favorite taco or chili seasoning. Shredded cheddar delivers a sharp, robust flavor, but Monterey Jack, Swiss cheese, and Gruyere will add new flavors, too!
BACON: Ground pork sausage, Shredded Chicken, or turkey is a good way to use up leftovers.
How to Make A Crescent Ring
This fun-to-make dish is sure to be enjoyed, and it’s easy to make, too:
- Cook whipped and seasoned eggs in a pan until they are barely set (the egg will be glossy).
- Roll out crescent rolls in a sunshine shape (as per the recipe below).
- Spread cream cheese along the wide edges of the ring and top with eggs, cheese, & bacon.
- Starting at the tips, roll up each crescent. Sprinkle with extra cheese & bacon. Bake until the crescent is browned and cooked through.
As a breakfast, brunch, or snack, this cheese and bacon crescent roll goes with so many delicious dishes and sides! Try a Ham & Cheese Crescent Bake, Fruit & Cream Crescents, monkey bread, or this delicious Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Tips for Success!
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature before adding any herbs or seasonings to it or before spreading it on the dough.
- Prepare breakfast crescent roll in advance, cover in plastic wrap, and keep chilled until ready to add toppings and bake.
- Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator and serve cold. Or simply reheat individual portions in the microwave.
- Cooled portions can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and kept in a zippered bag in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. What a great way to keep a quick breakfast at the ready for busy mornings.
Other Tasty Breakfast Ideas!
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole – perfect for weekends.
- Egg Frittata – just 15 minute prep.
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar – delicious grab and go breakfast.
- Overnight Blueberry Breakfast Cake – a make-ahead delight!
- Crustless Bacon Quiche Recipe – ready in just 45 minutes.
Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring
- 5 eggs
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces spreadable cream cheese herb & garlic flavor or plain, room temperature
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled, or ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Add to a medium skillet and cook over med heat just until set. Eggs should be glossy as they will continue cooking.
- Spray a large pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place crescents on a pizza pan with wide edges towards the center, overlapping, to form a circle that resembles a sunshine shape.
- Spread the cream cheese along the wide edge of the crescent ring. Spoon scrambled egg over cream cheese layer, then top with cheese and bacon.
- Starting at the tips, roll each crescent up and tuck under the center. Top with additional cheddar and bacon if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and the crescent is cooked through.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature for easier blending and application.
- Make the crescent ring up to a day in advance, cover with plastic wrap, and keep chilled until ready to add toppings and bake.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Freeze individually wrapped portions for up to 4 weeks for an easy grab and go breakfast.
- Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.