This Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring recipe is perfect for a quick morning bite or an upscale coffee date!
It’s so much fun to create elegant meals from easy-to-get ingredients. This recipe is prepped, baked, and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
This recipe for a cheese and bacon crescent ring takes no time and comes out light and flaky with melty cream cheese and savory, meaty bacon.
Breakfast Crescent Ring
- Pillsbury always has the best selection of refrigerated doughs. From biscuits to breadsticks, to crescent rolls, there are so many recipes to try.
- This breakfast crescent ring is a portable treat. Carefully wrap in plastic wrap or a small container with a tight-fitting lid and tuck into a backpack or briefcase for a quick and easy snack.
- Morning meetings or breakfast buffets are the perfect occasions to serve a breakfast crescent ring. Switch up the ingredients and make a new dish every time, or serve it as an appetizer on game night!
Ingredients and Variations
DOUGH: Crescent roll dough produces those perfect triangles ready to be filled and rolled up. However, in a pinch, biscuit dough, breadstick dough, even pizza dough can be rolled out thin and cut into triangles with a pizza cutter.
CHEESE: Herb and garlic cream cheese adds a savory flavor to this breakfast ring, but plain cream cheese will work, too. For a super savory option, mix in some homemade Olive Garden Salad Dressing, or your favorite taco or chili seasoning. Shredded cheddar delivers a sharp, robust flavor, but Monterey Jack, Swiss cheese, and Gruyere will add new flavors, too!
BACON: It’s hard to switch out the bacon for anything, but ground pork sausage, Shredded Chicken, or turkey are a good way to use up leftovers.
How to Make A Crescent Ring
This fun to make dish is sure to be enjoyed, and it’s easy to make, too:
- Cook whipped and seasoned eggs in a pan until they are barely set (egg will be glossy).
- Roll out crescent rolls in a sunshine shape (as per the recipe below).
- Spread cream cheese along the wide edges of the ring and top with eggs, cheese, & bacon.
- Starting at the tips, roll up each crescent. Sprinkle with extra cheese & bacon. Bake until the crescent is browned and cooked through.
As a breakfast, brunch, or snack, this cheese and bacon crescent roll goes with so many delicious dishes and sides! Try a Ham & Cheese Crescent Bake, Fruit & Cream Crescents, monkey bread or this delicious Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Tips for Success!
Let the cream cheese come to room temperature before adding any herbs or seasonings to it or before spreading it on the dough. And prepare breakfast crescent roll in advance, cover in plastic wrap, and keep chilled until ready to add toppings and bake.
Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator and serve cold. Or simply reheat individual portions in the microwave. Cooled portions can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and kept in a zippered bag in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. What a great way to keep a quick breakfast at the ready for busy mornings.
Other Tasty Breakfast Ideas!
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole – perfect for weekends.
- Egg Frittata – just 15 minute prep.
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar – delicious grab and go breakfast.
- Overnight Blueberry Breakfast Cake – a make-ahead delight!
- Crustless Bacon Quiche Recipe – ready in just 45 minutes.
Cheesy Breakfast Crescent Ring
- 5 eggs
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces spreadable cream cheese herb & garlic flavor or plain, room temperature
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled, or ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Add to a medium skillet and cook over med heat just until set. Eggs should be glossy as they will continue cooking.
- Spray a large pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place crescents on a pizza pan with wide edges towards the center, overlapping, to form a circle that resembles a sunshine shape.
- Spread the cream cheese along the wide edge of the crescent ring. Spoon scrambled egg over cream cheese layer, then top with cheese and bacon.
- Starting at the tips, roll each crescent up and tuck under the center. Top with additional cheddar and bacon if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and the crescent is cooked through.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature for easier blending and application.
- Make the crescent ring up to a day in advance, cover with plastic wrap, and keep chilled until ready to add toppings and bake.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Freeze individually wrapped portions for up to 4 weeks for an easy grab and go breakfast.
- Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Big hit at breakfast today! Will make again for sure! Thanks for the great recipes
Oh my! What a decadent way to start of the day! This was delicious and my family thoroughly enjoyed the melted cheesiness!
So happy to hear that your family loved this breakfast recipe Tara!
Who will say NO to fun and delicious kids approved breakfast?! looks easy and creative!
No one I know Uma! Everyone loves it!
This is such an awesomely delicious recipe. Can’t get over it’s scrumptious flavor and aroma.
Thank you Gunjan! Enjoy!
Loved this recipe so much and I think I’ll be making it again on Christmas morning! It’s just one of those recipes everyone will enjoy and the “ring” is so fitting! Thanks for a great breakfast recipe!!
Oh yes Amanda, this would be so pretty for Christmas morning!
Such a classic recipe that never goes out of style! Perfect for brunch and meal prep for the week! Crescent rolls are truly so versatile! Thanks for sharing!
Aren’t they Lori? I love using crescent rolls!
So easy and delicious-looking! It’s the perfect new recipe to try for Sunday brunch. Thanks for sharing.
An easy and tasty brunch that everyone loves Paula!
Lovely breakfast idea! So original and looks delicious. I will make it this Sunday, it will be a treat for all of us.
It’s a perfect weekend breakfast, Jenny!
This cheesy ring was a hit with my kiddos. We all pitched in and made the recipe together which made it a hit with me, LOL!
A super fun recipe for kids Marta!
A genius brunch or breakfast recipe! So surpirsingly easy, and one I know I’m going to be making over and over again. This recipe is a winner!
So glad you love this breakfast ring recipe Candice!
Cheese is my all time favorite and I cannot resist it. This recipe is so simple and yet so perfect. Love such surprises for breakfast any day.
Hi It look delicious n easy but I need to know…in my place we only have crescent pastries instead of crescent rolls, so can I use that instead. Or are they both the same?