Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Everyone loves this simple Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert! Layers of smooth cream cheese, sweet and tart cherry pie filling and crescent rolls are topped with a delicious sugary topping. The result is amazing!
If you are short on time, this cherry cream cheese bake is fast, easy and delicious! It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and only 25 minutes to bake! It’s the perfect recipe to keep on hand for last minute guests or when your dessert craving hits!
Rich, smooth cream cheese and luxurious pie filling are sandwiched between a delicate crescent roll crust then baked till golden perfection. The ingredients are so simple and combine easily, everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen – but only you will know the truth!
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
I love to make easy desserts! Butterscotch Blondies, Strawberry Pretzel Dessert and Lemon Cupcakes are some of my favorite desserts that whip up in no time. But this Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert is by far one of the easiest desserts you will make! It reminds me of a cherry cream cheese pie, only easier!
How To Make Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
Preheat your oven and grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- Unroll the crescents and lay half at the bottom of the dish.
- Blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla then spread over crescents.
- Top with pie filling, then remaining crescents
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle the sugar, then bake till golden.
Tips For Making These Cherry Cream Cheese Bars
- Be sure to mix the cream cheese until very smooth and fluffy. This is easy to achieve when the cream cheese is at room temperature. To soften cream cheese in a snap, microwave at 50% power for about 30-40 seconds or until softened. (Be sure to remove the foil packaging first).
- Allow this dessert to rest for a bit before cutting into it to prevent the filling from spilling out.
- Whatever you do, don’t skip the final step! The granulated sugar on top creates an amazing crunchy texture! I sometimes even add a little bit of lemon zest into the sugar for a dash of freshness. Your dessert will be delectably browned with a perfect crispy texture that will make your mouth water.
These cherry cream cheese bars are so versatile. Feel free to sub in whatever you have on hand!
- If you don’t have crescent rolls, you can use puff pastry.
- While this recipe calls for Cherry Pie filling, any flavor of pie filling will work (apple and blueberry are my other favorites)
- Unsalted butter works best in this recipe, but margarine will work equally as well.
How Long Does Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert Last
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, you can store this Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert in the fridge for 4-5 days. You could also choose to freeze any portions to enjoy at a later date. Be sure the dessert is fully cooled, cut into serving portions and store in an airtight container. It will last for 2-3 months in the freezer.
In my experience, long term storage is not an issue for this delicious dessert bar!
This recipe is so incredibly easy, even kids love to help out with the mixing, spreading and pouring They are always so pleased with their yummy creation and happy to share it with everyone! What a sweet way to end an evening!
More Delicious Treats to Try
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – Chocolate deliciousness!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars – So good!
Blueberry Cheesecake – Another traditional favorite!
Brownie Bottom Raspberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake love!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars – Easy No Bake Treat!
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert is so easy and delicious! Cream cheese, pie filling and a crisp crescent roll crust make this a tasty treat you will love!
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar optional
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Grease an 8x8" baking dish.
Lay half the crescent rolls out on the bottom of the baking dish.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla then blend till smooth.
Spread cream cheese over crescent rolls evenly.
Top with cherry pie filling, then remaining crescent rolls.
Melt butter and pour or brush over top of crescents.
Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for 20- 25 minutes or until browned.
When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional)
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)