Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin is the perfect weeknight meal. Seasoned with a simple, yet amazing rub and then topped with a sensational honey garlic sauce, the taste will melt in your mouth.
If you love pork or are looking for a delicious new way to cook it up, this recipe is all you need. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes, with a side of roasted asparagus or glazed carrots for an easy weeknight meal.
Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What is Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is a long, thin cut of meat that is small in width. They are a lean cut of meat, with low amount of fat which is great for grilling and roasting.
Topped with this honey garlic sauce, it is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! Coupled with the rub that is used to flavor the pork, you won’t want to miss a bite.
Pork has a tendency to dry out, but this roasted pork tenderloin will WOW you, not only with flavor, with how juicy and tender it is. Seriously, it’s melt in your mouth delicious.
How to Roast Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and quickly sear the seasoned pork.
- Roast the pork tenderloin into the oven (per recipe below).
- Baste with a homemade honey garlic sauce and broil.
Remember to let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. This helps to seal in the juices and create that perfectly tender dish!
How Long to Roast Pork Tenderloin
It’ll take about 20 minutes to bake your pork tenderloin once it’s been seared!
The trick to a great pork tenderloin is a quick sear followed by a nice hot oven! This gives a great crust while keeping inside tender and juicy! Just make sure it comes to an internal temperature of 145° F to 160° F to ensure the pork tenderloin is cooked properly.
How to Make Honey Garlic Sauce
Honey Garlic Sauce is a delicious and slightly sweet sauce, perfect for almost any meat including this pork tenderloin!
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir in a cornstarch slurry.
- Whisk until slightly thickened.
Then baste over the pork tenderloin before broiling and serve any extra sauce drizzled over rice of potatoes!
Tips & Tricks to Remember
If you have ever been hesitant to make a pork tenderloin, don’t be. It is a great way to make a fabulous meal quickly, while tasting like you spent hours on it.
- The key to the flavor is searing it first, this locks all of those tasty juices!
- Adding the homemade rub before searing allows it to caramelize quickly locking in the flavor and giving it a delicious crusted exterior.
- Finally, let it rest at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. This lets all of the juices and fat settle back into the meat keeping the flavor you just created.
Side Dishes for Pork Tenderloin Roast
This dish is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Some of the best sides to serve with it are simple, letting the tenderloin shine.
This Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin is one of the easiest recipes I have made. All you have to do is mix together a simple rub to season the pork with and then sear it on all sides to get a nice golden brown color, then pop it in the oven to cook.
Easy Weeknight Dinners
Baked Pork Chops – great comfort food!
Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops – just 5 mins prep
Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy – breaded & fried!
Pulled Pork Sundaes – a fun mealtime twist
Pulled Pork Pizza – perfect mini pizzas!
Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pound Pork Tenderloin
For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove any fat from pork. Using a fork, puncture the pork in several places.
- Add all the rub ingredients together in a small bowl and spread on all sides of the pork, pressing firm to really get the rub on the pork.
- Using a heavy skillet, heat over medium-high heat and add butter. Allow butter melt then place pork in skillet and sear just until brown, flipping to sear all sides, about 2 minutes. Place skillet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan add all ingredients for honey garlic sauce, except the cornstarch and water. Whisk to combine and bring to a slight boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to create a slurry and add to sauce. Whisk until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pork from the oven and baste with honey garlic sauce. Place the oven to "HI" broil and broil pork for 3 minutes to allow sauce to caramelize. Let rest 5 minutes covered, slice and garnish with fresh chopped thyme and rosemary.