Everyone will love this super easy Ham and Potato Casserole recipe!
This deliciously rich casserole is made with hash browns and ham, ready-made Alfredo sauce with broccoli topped with cheddar cheese. Best of all, it can be a breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner. Cheesy ham and potato casserole goes from prep to bake to serve in no time at all.
Ham and Potato Casserole
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- Crowd-pleasing and budget-wise, this filling, ham, and potato casserole is made in one step and one dish. Don’t forget it’s also a great way to use up leftover meat, veggies, or cheese.
- Prep this delish dish the night before and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Serve with a fresh tomato salad or a simple strawberry salad.
Ingredients and Variations
POTATOES: Using frozen hash brown potatoes cuts prep time down to a minimum. Frozen tater tots and frozen scallops will also work to make the perfect casserole foundation.
MEAT: Diced ham is already cooked making this recipe so quick to make. But if other protein options are desired, choose ones like leftover ground beef, sausage, chicken, or bacon bits for a unique dish every time.
SAUCE: Pre-made Alfredo sauce is a definite time-saver, especially on clean-up. DIY your own Alfredo using this tasty Alfredo sauce recipe. Make an extra batch for meals all week long. Or, open a can or two of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or nacho cheese soup.
VEGGIES: Broccoli goes great with potatoes. Any fresh or frozen vegetable combination will work. Spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, or a frozen bag of vegetable medley. Just mix it all in!
CHEESE: Sharp cheddar makes everything taste better. A Mexican blend, Swiss cheese, feta, or bleu cheese crumbles will still melt beautifully on top and taste great too.
How To Make Ham and Potato Casserole
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this casserole will be a family favorite all year long!
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl.
- Pour into a prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Recipe Tips and Tricks!
For a creamier casserole, stir in a little cream with the Alfredo sauce. If serving brunch-style, offer a few bowls with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or hot sauce for guests to top their casserole with.
Keep leftover ham and potato casserole in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat portions in the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop. Freeze individual portions in small containers for up to 6 weeks.
Other Easy Casseroles!
- Mac And Cheese Hot Dog Casserole – a family favorite
- Biscuit Turkey Casserole – 5 minute prep!
- Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Casserole – hearty and delicious
- Easy Italian Casserole – ready just over half an hour!
- John Wayne Casserole – healthy and hearty
Ham and Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients together except for cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix until fully combined, pour into the casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Add a touch of cream to the Alfredo sauce for a creamier casserole.
- Try topping this casserole with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or hot sauce.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Reheat covered with foil in the oven. It can also reheat quickly in the microwave or even in a skillet on the stove.
- Freeze cooled casserole in an airtight container, labeled with the date, for up to 6 weeks.