Now is the time to bust out that crockpot and put it to good use! This easy slow cooker pot roast recipe is a ‘one and done’ recipe that hits all the right spots! Filling, hearty enough for anyone in the family to eat, and easy to throw together!
Just set and forget this easy beef pot roast while you are at work or school! When you come home, the kitchen will be filled with the savory aromas of a very special dinner! Pair it with an easy salad or side of smashed potatoes to have supper on the table in no time!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How To Sear A Pot Roast
Searing meat means to cook it on the outside at a high temperature to seal the outside of the meat in order to preserve the juices inside. For the best pot roast, sear the meat before placing it in the slow cooker. Be sure to rub down the meat with flour and seasonings first, then saute until the outside is browned on all sides.
Let’s Make It!
Making a pot roast couldn’t be easier when done in the slow cooker!
- Sear pot roast and set aside.
- Add sliced vegetables to the slow cooker and set the roast on top. Pour gravy over top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the roast and veggies are tender.
- Come home to the delicious smells wafting through your house with little to no time required before you can start serving this tasty meal!
What Sides to Add?
We love to serve this hearty pot roast with cheesy breadsticks and garlic mashed potatoes (with gravy, of course!). An apple walnut salad or a spinach strawberry salad are a good, crunchy compliment as well! So good!
Storing Leftover Pot Roast
With a little prep, you can store, freeze, thaw, and reheat your slow cooker pot roast as if it was made the same day!
- Store in the fridge, cover tightly and keep in the fridge up to 7 days.
- Freeze by scooping into zippered bags or freezer-safe containers with the date on them. They should keep about 3 months.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in a stockpot on the stove. Add a little salt and pepper and serve!
This is the ultimate slow cooker pot roast and it’ll be on your menu rotation all winter long!
More Yummy Beef Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chili – signature dish like no other!
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – melt-in-your-mouth
- Crock Pot Italian Beef (Sandwiches) – pure comfort food!
- Cheesy Crock Pot Lasagna recipe – rich, hearty & delicious
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – flavor-packed meatballs!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 4 lbs chuck roast or rump roast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 2 cup carrots cut into 1" pieces
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms halved if large
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- Season roast with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat oil in a large pan and brown roast on all sides.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker. Place roast on top. Combine beef broth and tomato paste and pour overtop.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove beef and vegetables cover with foil. Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Whisk into broth and cover. Let cook 10 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy over roast and vegetables.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.