Every home chef needs an easy Cream Cheese Rotel Dip Recipe for their party menu!
This is the classic 3 ingredient recipe with room for add-ins. Rotel cheese dip is a definite show stopper for game night, sleepovers, or even as a delicious topping for hots dogs and omelettes! It’s an easy and tasty recipe that goes is zesty, delicious and goes with almost anything.
Cream Cheese Rotel Dip Recipe
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Rotel Dip Recipe
- Also known as “ugly dip,” what Rotel dip lacks in appearance, it makes up for in taste! Sprinkle on some bacon bits or chopped cilantro to dress it up a bit!
- Make Rotel cheese dip in less than 15 minutes on the stove or let it warm up in a Crockpot and let everyone help themselves!
- Similar to a Queso Dip, this Rotel dip recipe is easier and faster to make! Party prep by making it on the stovetop and then storing it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to reheat in the Crock Pot!
Dip Ingredients and Variations
MEAT – Ground pork sausage has a mild flavor that goes well with the diced tomatoes and cream cheese. Ground beef is another good choice or for a meat-free cheesy dip, mix in a can of drained black beans instead. Another great time-saving option is to stir in a can of chili (with or without beans) in place of the meat.
CHEESE – Cream cheese adds texture and melts well. For an extra boost of cheesy flavor, add 1 cup of sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. Velveeta makes a super creamy, sauce-like dip that can be topped onto hot dogs or burgers!
TOMATOES – Rotel brand tomatoes come with green chilies, but feel free to add extra green chilies, jalapenos, bacon bits, sliced olives, or cilantro.
VARIATION – Cream cheese Rotel dip may only have 3 basic ingredients, but the add-ins are endless! Spice it up even more by mixing in a package of taco seasoning!
How to Make Rotel Dip
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Cook and drain meat.
- Combine everything into a Crock-Pot.
- Stir occasionally until warmed through.
What to Serve With Rotel Cheese Dip
Serve with an assortment of tortilla chips, celery sticks, crackers, or thick cubes of crusty bread. Cream cheese Rotel dip is also great with this Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe or served with Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs, Oven Roasted Cauliflower, Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings.
For faster mixing, set the cream cheese out for about 30 minutes to soften. When cooking the sausage (or beef), break it up into small pieces so it’s easier to serve.
Other Delicious Dip Recipes!
- Easy Taco Dip – zesty and delicious!
- Shrimp Dip – for seafood lovers.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – a favorite.
- Easy Spinach Dip – just 5 minute prep.
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip – the first to disappear!
Cream Cheese Rotel Dip Recipe
- ½ pound sausage or ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 10.5 ounces Rotel tomatoes
Optional Add Ins
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 3 tablespoons finely diced jalapenos
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cook sausage or beef in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Combine meat, cream cheese, and tomatoes with juices in a small slow cooker.
- Cook on low 2 hours stirring occasionally. Stir in add-ins of choice.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Cream Cheese Rotel Dip recipe