This delicious recipe for Melt in Your Mouth Chicken is a real winner!
Mayo and parmesan chicken is always a recipe favorite. This extra quick and easy recipe has a creamy parmesan sauce that coats the chicken breasts. Then all that’s left to do is to bake them in the oven to tender & juicy perfection!
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Chicken!
- This is an easy chicken breast recipe that is perfect for all-week meal prep! Bake in one dish and use for healthy and tasty meals all week long!
- It’s versatile, and the sauce can be made ahead of time. Short on time? Use frozen chicken tenders and serve them in a wrap, soups, or use to top a salad!
- Everything goes with this tasty recipe, and it’s ideal for company; try serving it with roasted asparagus and a side of garlic mashed potatoes or risotto. Or, go for an easy broccoli salad and a side of the best cheesy bread ever!
Ingredients and Variations
PROTEIN: Fresh or thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts make the prep easy, and allow the sauce to bake into the meat. For a more elegant entrée, use a large filet of salmon, the same sauce will work with it just as well!
SAUCE: Mayonnaise had a mild, creamy flavor that works so well with many herbs and seasonings because of its high fat content. But Greek yogurt, sour cream, or even cream cheese will work.
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
Everyone loves how easy it is to make the simple sauce, and after that it’s just a matter of picking your favorite cooking method:
- Make the sauce with mayo and parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and pepper. Whisk it to combine the ingredients thoroughly (per recipe below).
- Brush the parmesan mixture generously over each chicken breast.
In the Oven:
Bake until the chicken reaches 165° F.
In the Air Fryer:
Cook sauced chicken breasts on high until the chicken reaches 165° F.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Choose chicken breasts of about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Rinse & pat them dry with clean paper towels so the sauce adheres to the meat.
- For oven baking, test the temperature of the chicken by inserting the thermometer in the thickest part of the meat, about 38 minutes into the baking process. Pull the chicken when it reaches 162° F, and let it “carryover cook” out of the oven. This prevents overcooking and seals the outside of the chicken, making the meat extra juicy!
- For air fryer cooking, as for any recipe, always preheat the air fryer because the outside immediately cooks, sealing the moisture.
Other Easy Chicken Entree Ideas!
- Spatchcock Chicken – quick roast chicken recipe!
- Chicken Poppyseed Casserole – creamy and delicious.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – perfectly cooked.
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs – simple yet full of flavor.
- Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken– easy crock pot meal!
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with the parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F internally.