Strawberry Fluff is a sweet and creamy old-fashioned favorite!
Is it a side dish or a dessert? Is it a fruit dip or a pie filling? This debate has raged on for decades. Who doesn’t have memories of eating this sweet creamy treat growing up? Loaded with mini marshmallows and real berries, strawberry fluff is one of those vintage recipes that belong in every home cook’s recipe box!
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Strawberry Fluff Recipe
- Bright red strawberry Jello is what makes this strawberry fluff recipe is so fun and colorful! Make it in just one bowl, chill, and then watch it disappear!
- Barbecues, picnics, and potlucks must have a fun dish like this berry fluff for kids and grown-ups alike!
- Strawberry fluff salad is not only quick and easy to make with items that are probably already in the pantry, but it’s also a perfect make-ahead side dish, salad, or dessert.
What Is Strawberry Fluff Made Of?
DAIRY – Plain yogurt is used to mix with the Jello powder, but strawberry yogurt can be used for extra fruity flavor. Or use Greek-style yogurt for a thicker salad which is the perfect texture for a no-bake tart or pie filling. Cream cheese whipped with some milk can also be used in place of yogurt.
JELLO – Strawberry Jello powder gives this dessert its signature color, flavor and texture. It’s uniquely creamy and sweet, and a real show stopper!
FRUIT – Chunks of fresh strawberries make this fruit salad so pretty. For a heartier and healthier Jello salad or a dessert with a tropical flair, fold in drained pineapple, blueberries (4th of July dessert idea?) or sliced grapes.
EXTRAS – For crunch and extra flavor, add some sliced almonds or flaked coconut. Make nuts and coconut extra crunchy by toasting them in a small, dry pan until they are barely fragrant but will intensify their flavor!
How To Make Strawberry Fluff
Five easy ingredients and one bowl are all it takes to make this dreamy, creamy dessert!
- Prepare and chop strawberries.
- Whisk together yogurt and Jello powder, as per the recipe below.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
PRO TIP: Garnish with additional sliced strawberries or top with mini pretzels.
Tips, Tricks, and Time Savers!
Forgot to thaw the whip topping? Place the frozen container in a shallow bowl with warm water and it will be thawed in about 3 minutes. Save leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. Stir before serving again.
Other Easy Salads!
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad – so many flavors in one bowl!
- Easy Grape Salad – festive and delicious.
- Snicker Salad Recipe – a unique salad idea.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small box strawberry Jell-O
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 3 cups strawberries chopped
- Combine Jell-O and yogurt in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.