Strawberry Fluff is a family favorite recipe for potlucks and picnics. Sweet juicy strawberries mixed in a delicious creamy base makes a perfect side or dessert.
PIN this recipe to your SIDE DISH BOARD to save it for later!!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest!
If you’ve never had a fluff salad before you’re going to LOVE this! It’s soft, fluffy and loaded with strawberries and cream flavor.
In my family we just call it fluff but a lot of people refer to this as a Strawberry Fluff Salad. I honestly don’t know why they called this a Strawberry Fluff Salad because it’s not a salad in the sense we think of a typical salad. To me it’s more like a dessert but makes a perfect side dish for any potluck. (If you’ve ever had a watergate salad, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about)!
The addition of the strawberry gelatin boosts the strawberry flavor from the fresh strawberries (and adds a pretty pink color to this recipe).
While some versions of fluff call for cottage cheese in the ingredients, this version uses pudding mix and whipped topping to create a delicious creamy base. As this dish sits in the refrigerator, the marshmallows soak up some of the liquid causing the dish to thicken slightly and adding a bit of sweetness.
I always make this fluff recipe with Cool Whip because it’s quick and easy and holds up well. If you prefer to use fresh cream instead, just whip it until thick and fold in as desired.
This dish has a strawberries and cream flavor that everyone always loves! While I make this with strawberries, you can use any combination of fruit you like from peaches to mandarin oranges.
It does need to sit in the refrigerator at least one hour but can definitely be made up to 24 hours ahead of time making it the perfect potluck dish!
- 1 small box strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding 4 servings size
- 20 oz crushed pineapple
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- 16 oz strawberries chopped
- Place jello in a medium bowl. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add ice and stir until melted. Place into refrigerator for 10 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Place pineapple in a separate large bowl (do not drain). Add vanilla pudding mix well. Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Fold jello into the whipped topping mixture until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.