There is something so warm and comforting about Oven Roasted Vegetables served as a dinner time side dish.
Roasted vegetables from the oven come out crispy and golden tossed with olive oil, herbs and seasonings. These healthy veggies are bound to become the crowning glory at the dinner table. This recipe is easy to make and the result is so delicious.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Roasted Vegetables
- Find the best seasonal veggies in a simple, yet delicious, pan of oven-roasted vegetables. Whether cooking the simple potato or the sultry parsnip, roasting is the best way to prepare veggies. In this recipe, sweet potatoes are combined with the slightly sweet and nutty flavor of brussels sprouts for a delightful flavor combination.
- A few cranberries are added to give this dish a sprinkle of brightness and a touch of sweetness. The vegetables are then tossed with some olive oil to help crisp them up in the oven, and then herbs are added to enhance the flavor.
- These vegetables are best served with a hearty entree such as Beef Rouladen, Balsamic Roast Beef or Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin. And don’t forget some fresh Dinner Rolls on the side.
Ingredients & Variations
THE VEGETABLES: Buy fresh brussels that are free of blemishes and have tight leaves. Frozen brussels also work well in this recipe. Just remember to cut brussels in half and remove any stem and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces. It’s important to cut veggies to similar sizes to ensure they cook at the same rate.
THE HERBS: Thyme with its slightly minty and lemony flavoring pairs very well with rosemary.
VARIATIONS: Make a medley of vegetables by replacing the sweet potato with some squash, or toss in some carrots, beets, or cauliflower. Use what is on hand or just simply a favorite!
How to Roast Vegetables in the Oven
It is so easy to make these oven roasted vegetables.
- Cut brussels and potatoes, then toss with oil (divided) and seasonings.
- Toss cranberries with remaining oil, set aside.
- Bake vegetables in the oven as per the recipe below.
- Add cranberries and bake.
Tips for Crisp Roast Vegetables
- Be sure to wash and pat vegetables dry. This will help the oil and seasonings to adhere to the veggies well.
- While roasting, spread vegetables out so they are not overlapping or stacked in any way. This will help the air circulate, brown and crisp each side. If two pans are needed, then use the convection oven setting, if it has that capability, and remember to adjust the temperature and cook time.
- To reheat roasted vegetables, preheat oven to 425˚F, coat veggies with just a touch more oil and cook for about 15 minutes.
Other Delicious Vegetable Sides!
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes – quick 5 minute prep!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Balsamic Vinegar – delicious.
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower – quick and easy.
- Oven Roasted Asparagus – perfect for everyday, or a special dinner.
- Creamy Sweet Potato Noodles – different and delicious.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss brussels sprouts and sweet potato with 1 ½ tablespoons of oil and seasonings. Toss cranberries with remaining oil and put aside.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and add the cranberries to the pan.
- Cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Wash vegetables and pat dry, which will help the oil and seasonings adhere to the veggies.
- Spread vegetables out well so the air can circulate, brown and crisp each side.
- Use two pans if needed to space vegetables out well.
- Reheat vegetables at 425˚F, spritz with oil and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 3-4 days.
REPIN this Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe!