Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Centsless Meals on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
We’ve been enjoying Frito pie pretty much forever, I love the way the Fritos add a delicious corn flavor and I knew that Doritos would do the same in this recipe!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s one everyone will agree on! Layers of seasoned beef, sour cream and of course delicious Doritos all nestled in a crescent roll crust and baked until hot and bubbly.
We start with a crescent roll crust and layer it with seasoned beef, salsa and sour cream. If you happen to have leftover chicken (or even ground chicken) both will work perfectly in this casserole!
I like pepper jack but you can really use any kind of cheese for this recipe with great results (cheddar is good too). You can certainly use your favorite flavor of Doritos as well, we like the Nacho Cheese or if you can find them, the Taco flavored Doritos… but any kind is great.
Easy Dorito Pie
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups crushed Doritos divided
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water and simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Spray a 9" pie dish with nonstick cooking spray. Separate the crescent dough into triangles and line the pie pan placing the points towards the center of the dish. Press the seams to seal.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of crushed Doritos onto the crescent crust. Top with ground beef.
- Combine sour cream & salsa. Spread over the ground beef layer.
- Top with cheese and remaining Doritos. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the crescent crust is golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
This pie is delicious served as is but I often put out an array of toppings like fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and of course pickled jalapenos and let everyone top their own. Either way, this is one meal your whole family is going to love!