This easy 3 ingredient Crock Pot Apple Cobbler is tossed together so quickly and then cooked in the crockpot.
In just a few steps have sweet and tart apple pie filling all warm, bubbling, and covered with a deliciously soft cake-like topping. The smell of warm and spicy cobbler made with cake mix makes everyone look forward to dessert.
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Dump Cake Apple Cobbler
- Dessert is the best part of the meal and it doesn’t need to be complicated.
- Dump-style cakes like this are so easy and quick to make. The hardest part will be waiting for it to finish cooking!
- There are only 3-ingredients in this simple recipe, and they are all so easy to find at the supermarket.
- Top off this slow cooker pot apple recipe with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It would be a sweet end to a meal of roast beef, rosemary roasted potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli.
Ingredients & Variations
PIE FILLING: No need to peel apples for this recipe, when there is a can of apple pie filling on hand.
Want a different flavor? Well, it’s as easy as pie, to switch out apples for any other type of fruit. Try cranberry, cherry, blueberry, or peach pie fillings. Or try a filling made with fresh apples like this homemade apple pie filling.
CAKE MIX: Experiment with different combinations of cake mixes, like a white cake mix which would work equally as well as a yellow cake mix. Or make a delicious fall-inspired treat with a spice cake mix. And for those chocolate lovers try a chocolate cake mix.
How to Make Apple Cobbler in a Crock Pot
You won’t believe how easy it is to put this together before starting dinner.
- Empty pie filling into greased slow cooker.
- Pour dry cake mix over the fruit. Sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Top with melted butter.
- Turn on crockpot and cook (as per the recipe below).
Serve warm with a dollop of ice cream for the best dessert!
Tips & Tricks
Store the leftovers in ready-to-go dessert cups. Pop a scoop of cobbler into individual ramekins, cover with saran wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, heat, and then drizzle with heavy cream or half and half, and voila, a sweet treat will be at the ready.
Another option is to scoop leftovers into an airtight container and freeze them. Defrost on the counter and serve slightly cold, or heat in the microwave and serve with ice cream.
Super Easy Dessert Recipes To Try!
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 box yellow cake mix do not mix this according to the box, you only want to use the dry mixture in the box
- 2-21 ounce cans apple pie filling
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the apple pie filling into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Top the apple pie filling with the dry cake mix.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Top with melted butter.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours - my crockpot gets quite warm so I put it on low and it took only 2 1/2 hours to be cooked.
- Leave the lid off for about 30 minutes to make the top crispier.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe!