Everyone loves this foundational recipe for homemade chip dip!
It’s made with a cup of sour cream, plus herbs and spices you likely already have on hand.
Best of all, chip dip only takes 5 ingredients, one bowl, and one step! Easy peasy!
Best Dip For Chips!
- Homemade chip dip is a keeper recipe because it’s bright and flavorful and so simple to prepare!
- Add your own herbs and spices to make a customized blend every time!
- Everyone will love this tasty low-carb dip! Serve with fresh veggies, baked potato wedges or fried pickles, tortilla chips or crackers, crostini or pepperoni pizza rolls spread it on a sandwich or wrap!
Sour Cream – Go for full-fat sour cream for its rich and creamy texture and flavor. Fat-free sour cream can be used if you’re looking for fewer calories, however. Use half sour cream and half Greek yogurt, if desired, for a tangier version.
Seasoning – Dried dill, parsley, and garlic powder give chip dip a light, garden-like flavor. Feel free to mix in some fresh and healthy herbs from the garden. Dress it up by mixing in some taco or ranch seasoning and a dash of hot sauce!
Variations – This is where the fun starts! Mix in leftover cooked ground beef, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, chopped black olives, green chiles, or jalapenos.
How to Make Chip Dip
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, per recipe below.
- Cover, and chill before serving.
Tips, Tricks, and Time Savers!
- Make this chip dip recipe up to a day ahead so the flavors can blend!
- Use a whisk when combining the sour cream and mayonnaise before adding the remaining ingredients for a smooth consistency!
- Homemade chip dip tastes so good, that you’ll want to use it as a dip for savory pork bites, crispy French fries and onion rings, with roasted asparagus spears and roasted cauliflower or as a topping for potatoes or burgers.
How to Store Chip Dip
Keep leftover homemade chip dip in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Stir thoroughly and refresh with a dash of lemon juice before serving again. Sour cream doesn’t freeze well, but this recipe is so easy, just start fresh!
Have you tried this Homemade Chip Dip recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Homemade Chip Dip
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with vegetables, chip, or crackers.
- Serving size is 2 Tablespoons
- Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise thoroughly before adding seasonings.
- Chill dip to allow flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate leftover chip dip in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.