When the gang’s getting ‘hangry’, bust out some pepperoni and cheese and build-your-own Pepperoni Pizza Rolls!
Why buy frozen when homemade is so easy and fun to make? Cheesy mozzarella and pepperoni are baked into little crescent rolls that are hot and ready just in time for movie night, game night, or a fun after-school snack.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Quick & Easy Snack
- Pepperoni pizza rolls are the ultimate in easy snack prep. Even young home cooks will want to create their own.
- And they can be stuffed with so many add-ins. Don’t forget the marinara or a DIY Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla sauce or a Homemade Chip Dip for dipping!
Ingredients & Variations
DOUGH: Pre-made crescent rolls have perforated edges that make them easy to separate and roll-up. Jumbo flaky biscuits can be rolled out and used ‘calzone’ style as well.
MEAT: What’s a pepperoni pizza roll without pepperoni? Cut up larger circles or use diced pepperoni. Use up leftover cooked meat like chicken, turkey, ground beef, or sausage, too.
CHEESE: Mozzarella cheese strings are the best choice for melty, cheesy pepperoni rolls since each piece can be perfectly portioned out. A shredded Mexican or cheddar blend will work too. See what’s in the fridge and create something new!
ADD-INS: Set out little bowls of sliced olives, mushrooms, diced bell peppers, pineapple, or any fave topping that can be added to a roll-up.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Place four slices of pepperoni on the wide end of a crescent roll. Top with half a piece of string cheese and roll-up. Sprinkle tops with garlic powder and bake until pepperoni rolls are golden brown. PRO TIP: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of each roll before baking.
Tips for Cheesy Pizza Rolls
Keep the cheese from oozing out by crimping the edge of the seams with a fork. Bake them with the seam side down. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat them in an air fryer or under the oven broiler. Freeze pizza rolls on a baking sheet before transferring them to a zippered bag (this way they don’t stick together). Allow them to thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Other Pizza Inspired Snacks!
- Crescent Roll Pizza – just 5 minutes of prep.
- Pizza Mac, and Cheese Bites – delish morsels!
- Pizza Dough Breadsticks – perfect as a side to anything.
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – super quick in the air fryer.
- Pizza Dippers – just 5 simple ingredients!
- Pizza Mushrooms – for dinner or as a hearty snack.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescents and place four pepperoni slices at the large end of the roll.
- Place the cheese string on top of the pepperoni and roll up the crescent.
- Place crescents on the baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with garlic powder.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the crescents are golden brown in color.
- Nutrition calculated without optional marinara sauce.
- Crimp the edge of the seams with a fork to keep the cheese from melting out.
- Bake pizza rolls seam side down.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Reheat pizza rolls in the oven, under the oven broiler or in an air fryer.
- Freeze cooked rolls individually on a baking sheet, then move them to a zippered bag.
- Allow pizza rolls to thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Pepperoni Pizza Rolls recipe!