The ultimate in creamy and cheesy party appetizers, Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip is always the first to disappear!
And why not? It’s loaded with shredded chicken, two kinds of cheese, tangy ranch, and crunchy bacon bits. Game day or any day, this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is a family and friends favorite all year long. It’s simple to make and easy to serve with all kinds of dippers.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Keto? Hot and ready in less than 30 minutes, buffalo chicken dip is not only a popular crowd-pleaser, it’s also totally low carb and keto! Serve with celery sticks and thick rounds of zucchini.
- Make a double batch of this quick and easy recipe in the oven and then keep it warm in a Crockpot. Serve with crackers, chips, or chunks of bread. Or, scoop the dip into baked potatoes for a delish main dish!
- Short on time? Use a ready-made seasoned rotisserie chicken! Bacon bits can be made or purchased to save time.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
CHICKEN: Shredded Chicken mixes best, or use leftover chicken and chop it finely. Canned chicken will work, but make sure it’s drained and patted dry.
CHEESY SAUCE: Any cheese added to a cream cheese base always makes the best dips. Sharp cheddar delivers that bright, tangy flavor that’s so good with the buffalo sauce and ranch seasonings. Monterey Jack, Swiss, or a 4-cheese Mexican blend are all good choices, too! Use ranch dressing to taste instead of a package, or go for bleu cheese dressing for another variation!
EXTRAS: Sliced black olives, sliced green onions, or bleu cheese crumbles make great toppers on buffalo ranch chicken dip!
Let’s Make Buffalo Chicken Dip!
So yummy, and so easy to make, it’s no wonder this dip is so popular!
- Blend cream cheese with mayo, buffalo sauce, and ranch seasonings.
- Add bacon, chicken, and half the cheddar, & pour into a prepared dish.
- Top dip with remaining cheese and bake until bubbly (as per recipe below).
- Serve immediately or scoop into a Crock Pot.
What To Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Everything goes with buffalo chicken dip, especially a side of wings! Here are some more fun buffalo appetizer ideas to help get the party started! Try these tasty baked buffalo chicken tenders, or a buffalo chicken ring. Buffalo sausage dip is always a hit, and when it comes to sandwiches try these buffalo chicken sliders.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- For faster mixing, set the cream cheese out to soften before using.
- Prep the dip ahead, cover, and chill in the refrigerator. Then simply top with extra cheddar cheese and bake!
- Easy, cheesy, and a little bit spicy, this is a go-to appetizer that can also be used as a spread on a sandwich, wrap, or to top garlic bread. Or serve it with this BEST cheesy bread EVER.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Freeze leftover buffalo ranch chicken dip in quart-sized freezer bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 8 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator and use cold or reheat as desired.
Best Dips for a Party
- Easy Taco Dip – quick & spicy.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe – hearty and appetizing!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe – always a favorite.
- Strawberry Fruit Dip – perfect dessert dip!
- Homemade Chip Dip – a must have party dip.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add mayo, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning, and mix to combine.
- Stir in bacon bits, chicken, and ½ cup cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use softened cream cheese for easier mixing.
- Prep ahead of time, cover, and refrigerate. Before heating, top with cheddar cheese, then bake.
- Not only delicious as an appetizer, use it as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
- Freeze dip in freezer bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 8 weeks.
- Thaw frozen dip in the refrigerator. Mix and serve cold or reheat.