Jalapeno Popper Dip has all the pizzazz of a jalapeno popper, with the ease and versatility of a dip.
This three-cheese dip is so creamy and cheesy with a crunchy coating and a kick of fresh spice that everyone will adore. Guaranteed this dip is sure to be part of the permanent recipe collection. Serve it as a hot or cold appetizer for guests or at the next backyard barbecue!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
PIN IT to your DIPS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Party Appetizer
- This easy dip combines the spiciness of jalapenos with the best flavors of three different types of cheese – cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and parmesan. Add in a little sour cream for smoothness and some breadcrumbs for some crispiness, which will make this dip so hard to resist.
- It is virtually impossible to go wrong with this simple recipe. Add some crumbled bacon and it is even more likely there will be none left. It will be a go-to recipe time and time again. So keep these ingredients on hand at all times so it can be made at the drop of a hat!
- This recipe is adaptable and decadently delicious, folks. It disappears so quickly that it might be gone before you can get any.
Ingredients & Variations
SOUR CREAM If a low-fat option is used here, the dip can be a little runny. Use full-fat sour cream, because of the delicious creamy texture it gives to the dip recipes!
PARMESAN CHEESE Shredded fresh from the block is always best, but packaged options work too. Finely grated cheese is a perfectly good option as well. You really can’t go wrong.
JALAPENOS Can you use fresh jalapenos? The answer is yes! Just be aware that if the seeds are added, the dip can become quite hot and spicy, so exercise caution! Also, fresh peppers will be a crunchy addition to the dip. If a less crunchy texture is desired, cook the jalapenos before adding. Microwave chopped jalapenos for two minutes in two tablespoons of water or roast them for 15 minutes at 400˚F.
BREADCRUMBS Use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or for even more crunch, make it with Panko mixed with a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Panko crumbs will make this dip super crunchy.
PARSLEY Use as directed or, use fresh parsley. If using fresh, chop and sprinkle on top after baking as a bright garnish to show off the dish.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Dip
This easy dip has quick become a crowd favorite and is so easy to prepare!
- Blend together sour cream and cream cheese and mix in parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Add canned or fresh jalapenos and spoon into a square baking dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly on top. Bake (per the recipe below).
Serve with an assortment of dippers for the perfect party appetizer.
Tips for Serving Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Breaded shrimp, Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders, or Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are all delicious served alongside this hot jalapeno dip and make interesting and delicious flavor combinations!
- Spread it on crackers and serve on a platter with a garnish of chopped scallions or a small piece of crispy bacon for fancy party hors d’oeuvres!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip can easily be made in advance. When it comes out of the oven, cool it completely and cover it. Store in the fridge and serve right out of the baking dish as a cold dip.
- To serve it as a hot dip, reheat it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350˚F. Cover with foil to prevent the topping from getting too browned. Just make sure the dish is oven-proof skillet or baking dish and not icy cold before baking!
- Homemade Chip Dip – a basic dip
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip – creamy and cheesy
- Easy Taco Dip – great for game day
- Bacon Beef Queso Dip – rich and hearty
Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe
- 1 4 ounce can diced jalapenos include seeds if you like it really spicy, well drained OR 4-6 fresh jalapenos, roasted and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a mixer or by hand, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and diced jalapenos, mix well.
- Spoon into 8x8 baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Blend bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, and dried parsley, using a fork or your fingers, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the buttery crumb topping evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Do not overcook.