Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Jalapeno Popper Dip has all the pizzazz of a jalapeno popper, with the ease and versatility of a dip. It’s three-cheese creamy with a crunchy coating and a kick of fresh spice you’ll adore.
If you’re a fan of jalapeno poppers, trust me when I say that as soon as you try this dip, you’ll be adding it to your permanent recipe collection! Serve it as a hot or cold appetizer for your guests or at your next backyard barbecue!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
© CentsLess Meals
Pin it to your APPETIZERS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
It is virtually impossible to go wrong with this recipe and I know you will want to make it often. So keep these ingredients on hand at all times so you can make it at the drop of a hat!
- Sour Cream – If you choose a low fat option here, the dip can be more runny than you may like. I prefer to use full fat sour cream, you can’t beat the delicious creamy texture it gives to your dip recipes!
- Parmesan Cheese – Shredded fresh from the block is always best, but packaged options work too. Finely grated cheese is a perfectly good option as well. You really can’t go wrong.
- Jalapenos – Can you use fresh jalapenos? The answer is yes! Just be aware that if you choose to incorporate the seeds, your dip can become quite hot and spicy, so exercise caution! Also, fresh peppers will be a crunchy addition to your dip. If you don’t want that crunchy texture, cook the jalapenos before adding. Microwave chopped jalapenos for two minutes in two tablespoons of water or roast them for 15 minutes at 400˚F.
- Breadcrumbs – You can use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or for even more crunch, make it with Panko mixed with a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Panko crumbs are my go-to for this recipe because they are so super crunchy.
- Parsley – Use as directed or, use fresh parsley. If you go for fresh, chop and sprinkle on top after baking as a bright garnish to show off your dish.
Let’s Make It!
- Thoroughly blend sour cream and cream cheese together, then mix in 3/4 cup parmesan and the cheddar cheese.
- Add canned or fresh jalapenos, draining off any liquid.
- Spoon into a square baking dish (or your Crock Pot.)
- Mix breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan, melted butter, and parsley together until crumbly, and sprinkle evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture, before following baking instructions. How easy is that?
Using your Crock Pot to make this Jalapeno Popper Dip is an easy option and perfect if you want to make this ahead of time. Simply follow the same instructions for preparation, then instead of baking, heat everything including the topping in the slow cooker for two hours on low heat.
My Favorite Jalapeno Popper Dippers
- Breaded shrimp, Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders or Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are all delicious served alongside this hot jalapeno dip and make interesting and delicious flavour combinations!
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, tortillas or even Bugles.
- Spread it on crackers and serve on a platter with a garnish of chopped scallions or a small piece of crispy bacon for fancy party hors d’oeuvres!
Can I Make This in Advance?
You can easily make Jalapeno Popper Dip in advance. When it comes out of the oven, cool it completely and cover. Store in the fridge and serve right out of the baking dish as a cold dip.
If you choose to serve it as a hot dip, reheat it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350˚F. Cover with foil to prevent the topping from getting too browned. Just make sure your dish is oven proof and not icy cold before baking!
This recipe is adaptable and decadently delicious, folks! It disappears so quickly that it might be gone before you can get any!
Other Delicious and Creamy Dips
Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe – perfectly zesty!
Buffalo Sausage Dip – always a crowd pleaser.
Chili Cheese Dip – only 4 ingredients!
Crab Dip – so easy and super creamy!
Pull-Apart Crescents with Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect party food!
If you love cheddar stuffed jalapenos, you'll love this Jalapeno Popper dip! It's quick, easy & addictive! Delicious served with bagel chips, tortilla chips or Bugles.
- 1 4 ounce can diced jalapenos include seeds if you like it really spicy, well drained OR 4-6 fresh jalapenos, roasted and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a mixer or by hand, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and diced jalapenos, mix well.
- Spoon into 8x8 baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Blend bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, and dried parsley, using a fork or your fingers, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the buttery crumb topping evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Do not overcook.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)