This super easy and Cheesy Pizza Dip will be a family favorite for movie nights, sleepovers, or just watching the big game!
No dough is necessary! Make it in minutes and watch it disappear! Mini pepperonis are added to a cheesy base and then layered with pizza toppings. Then it’s baked until bubbly and ready for dipping. Everyone loves pizza, and everyone is sure to enjoy this dip too.
Cheesy Pizza Dip
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
A Fun And Tasty Dip!
- Who doesn’t love pizza? This is one of the best dip recipes you’ll ever try and everyone will request it over and over!
- Easy to make in advance and reheat at home or at a party!
- Lightly seasoned with kid-friendly garlic and oregano, pizza dip is a no-fail appetizer that can be made and served in so many ways! Just mix, bake, and serve!
Ingredients And Variations
CHEESE: This recipe is all about the cheese! Cream cheese and sour cream are the perfect base for melty mozzarella! Experiment with cheddar, parmesan, bleu cheese, and even Velveeta! You can’t have too much cheese for this hot pizza dip recipe!
TOPPINGS: What’s a pizza without a ton of tasty toppings? Pre-cooked sausage crumbles, shredded chicken, diced ham, pepperoni, salami, and mini meatballs add to this delish dip! Mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, bell peppers, onions are all perfect additions.
How to Make Pizza Dip
Simple, delicious, and quick is the name of the game with pizza dip!
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and seasonings with an electric mixer.
- Stir in half the cheese and half the toppings.
- Spread into a baking dish and top with pizza sauce, remaining mozzarella, and desired toppings.
- Bake until slightly browned and bubbly. Serve with chips or bread.
PRO TIP: Let the dip set about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with other pizza-inspired dishes that are party-ready in minutes like this crescent roll pizza, these pepperoni pizza rolls, pizza mac and cheese bites or this pizza pull apart bread.
This fun and delish dip is best served with homemade cheesy breadsticks, pizza dippers, or use crostini toasts, crackers, or tortilla chips. Make a low-carb dish and use cucumber or zucchini rounds, carrot and celery sticks.
Tips For Success
- Use cream cheese at room temperature so it makes mixing fast and easy!
- A hand mixer will aerate the dip, making it light and fluffy!
- Put extra pepperoni on top and then place the dip under the broiler so it gets extra crispy!
- Keep leftover cheesy pizza dip in a covered container and reheat it in the microwave before serving.
- For a fun way to serve pizza dip, cut a baguette in half lengthwise and scoop out some of the bread. Scoop pizza dip in the center, top with fresh cheese, and heat in the broiler. Cut into 3” slices and serve!
Other Tasty Dips To Try!!
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip – just 10 minute prep!
- Creamy BLT Dip Recipe – fresh and delish.
- Hissy Fit Dip – a favorite.
- Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip – for bacon lovers.
Cheesy Pizza Dip
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Use a hand blender to mix cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings until smooth.
- Stir in half of the cheese and half of the toppings.
- Spread into a small baking dish. Top with pizza sauce, remaining mozzarella and toppings.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
- Nutrition calculated without pizza toppings.
- Warm cream cheese slightly, or leave it out for 30 minutes so that it is soft enough to mix easily.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese and sour cream so that it is creamy smooth.
- Broil the dip for a few minutes after baking for an extra crisp topping.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 2-3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave, or covered with foil in the oven.
REPIN this Cheesy Pizza Dip Recipe!