Buffalo Sausage Dip is famous, and for good reason! Everybody loves this thick, rich and cheesy concoction. It is perfect for parties or game day with the family.
Cream cheese, Buffalo hot sauce, ground sausage and blue cheese are key ingredients that make this delicious and bold flavor combination. It’s the perfect zesty party dip to serve along with Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots or Homemade Chicken Nuggets.
This cheesy sausage and Buffalo hot sauce dip is so easy to make and incredibly tasty. You and your dip will be the talk of the party!
Buffalo Sausage Dip
Pin it to your APPETIZERS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How to Make Buffalo Dip
Buffalo stovetop dip is best served warm. If you are using raw sausage, start by cooking the meat in a large skillet on the stovetop, and then drain the grease. Once you have done that, follow these simple steps to make the best Buffalo cream cheese dip you’ve ever tasted:
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream and Buffalo sauce to the drained sausage, and stir until melted
- Stir in the chopped celery and blue cheese crumbles
- When the blue cheese has just started to melt, transfer to a chafing dish or a small crock pot and serve.
Easy Substitutions: While we love this dip as is, there are some great substitutions that make this dish just as tasty!
- Cheese: Try Velveeta in place of, or in addition to, cream cheese!
- Meat: Try turkey or pork sausage! For maximum ease, try the precooked sausage crumbles from the frozen food section!
What to Serve with Buffalo Dip
This dip is a hearty and substantial dish, perfect for large crowds. It’s also a bit on the heavy side, so serve it with dippables that will hold up. Pita chips, celery and carrot sticks, crackers or bread sticks are great options. Corn chip scoops are also super popular for serving with Buffalo cheese dip.
I love to serve this Buffalo sausage cheese dip along with other buffalo inspired appetizers like Buffalo Chicken Sliders or Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders. I just cannot get enough of that spicy buffalo hot sauce flavor!
If you are trying to stay ahead of party planning chaos, you may be wondering can you freeze buffalo dip? This buffalo dip recipe is dairy-rich and unfortunately, dairy tends to curdle in the freezer. While this usually doesn’t affect the flavor of your dishes, it may make for an unappealing presentation. But don’t worry this dip is so good, I doubt you’ll ever have to worry about leftovers!
You can also make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for several days. Just reheat in the microwave and serve.
More Delicious Party Dips:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip – just toss in the crock pot.
- Chili Cheese Dip – only 4 ingredients!
- Rotel Dip – so easy to make.
- Strawberry Fruit Dip – delicious dessert dip.
- Creamy BLT Dip – kid approved!
Buffalo Sausage Dip
- 1/2 pound sausage crumbles (turkey or pork)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed, softened
- ¼ cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles (2 ounces )
- 2 tablespoons celery chopped
- Tortilla chips, pita chips, or celery sticks (or other vegetables) for dipping
- Use a large skillet over medium heat. If using uncooked sausage, remove from casing and fully cook while breaking up with a wooden spoon. For precooked sausage, heat sausage crumbles for until hot (4-5 minutes).
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Continue stirring over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and ingredients are well combined
- Add blue cheese and chopped celery. Stir for 2 minutes, just until blue cheese is melted. Pour dip into your serving dish. To keep hot, pour into a chafing dish or dip sized crock pot.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips and celery sticks (or other vegetables) for dipping.
adapted from Jimmy Dean