Oven Roasted Asparagus, made from fresh asparagus, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan, is a simple and easy vegetable side dish. With very little prep and cook time, you end up with the most delicious, tender, vibrant green asparagus.
Oven Roasted Asparagus
Pin it to your SIDE DISH BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Oven Roasted Side Dish
Oven Roasted Asparagus is one of those perfect vegetable side dishes. It’s easy to make, ready in just 15 minutes, and only takes a few ingredients.
It’s a versatile side dish that pairs perfectly with almost anything! Serve it with cheesy crockpot lasagna, or a fork-tender cedar plank salmon filet. My mouth is starting to water just thinking of it!
How to Make Oven Roasted Asparagus
This recipe couldn’t be easier.
- Toss asparagus with oil and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake!
Just two simple steps and 15 minutes to the perfect savory side dish!
How Long To Roast Asparagus
This answer depends on a few factors.
- Thinner asparagus spears will need less time to cook than thicker stalks. This recipe is for medium-sized stalks.
- For softer asparagus, let it roast a little longer. For firm asparagus with a bit of snap, let is roast a little less.
If cooking in the oven with other dishes, you might have to adjust the time based on other factors like oven temperature.
- 400°F: 8-12 minutes
- 375°F: 10-14 minutes
- 350°F: 12-16 minutes
How to Tell if Asparagus Has Gone Bad
There are a few ways to tell if fresh asparagus has gone bad. Lucky for all of us, it’s pretty easy – you just need to trust your senses.
- Smell: Asparagus already has a pretty strong smell. I recommend getting familiar with what fresh asparagus smells like. That way, when you pull a questionable bunch of asparagus out of the refrigerator, you’ll know the difference between the normal smell and the smell of asparagus that has gone bad.
- Sight: If you see any mold or fungus growing on the asparagus, compost it. Once it starts growing stuff you don’t want to eat, it’s time to toss it.
- Touch: Asparagus, especially the tips, will start to get wet and mushy when it gets bad. Once this happens, you won’t want to eat it.
Love easy asparagus recipes? How about tossing in some fresh herbs and making roasted asparagus with thyme? Or basil? Or both? What about taking that asparagus to the next level and transforming it into a heavenly asparagus risotto with Pecorino Romano?
Delicious Side Dish Recipes
Apple Walnut Salad – ready in 10 mins
Green Bean Casserole – with a creamy cheesy sauce!
Easy Greek Salad – a fresh, crisp side dish!
Roasted Cauliflower – tossed with parmesan
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – 3 simple ingredients!
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl (with a flat bottom, if available), toss asparagus in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to coat. Add parmesan cheese and toss to evenly distribute.
- Lay asparagus on prepared baking sheet and arrange in a flat layer. Roast in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes depending on desired tenderness.