These easy Air Fryer Frozen Burgers come out tender and evenly cooked every time!
Our smart recipe is both a time-saver AND step saver because the bbq sauce is cooked right along with the frozen patties, while the cheese is added just at the end. No need to flip, these pre-dressed burgers are ready to go!
Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Can You Make Frozen Burgers in An Air Fryer?
Forgot to thaw the patties? Got a craving for a juicy burger, or the gang is coming over and there’s no time to fire up the barbecue or heat up the oven? Let the air fryer do all the work, save time, and stress less! Frozen burgers in the air fryer are super easy to make. This recipe makes them ready to go straight onto the bun in just a few minutes. Create a DIY Burger Bar and let everyone put together their own burger masterpiece! Make that air fryer work a little bit more and serve burgers with some air fryer frozen fries.
Ingredients and Variations
BURGERS – Whether you use pre-made frozen beef patties or have your own frozen patties, we like to use ½” thick patties. They are extra meaty and hold up well with toppings and condiments. Turkey burgers will work, too. They are lower in fat and leave less grease in the bottom of the air fryer.
CHEESE – Use cheddar Monterey Jack, Jalapeno Jack, Mozzarella… whatever the cheese, these burgers will taste terrific.
BBQ SAUCE – Buy premade bbq sauce, or make homemade bbq sauce using some ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar.
Here is a list of other toppings and condiments we think you’ll like!
- Lettuce, Onions, & Tomatoes
- Extra Cheese
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Fried Eggs
- Jalapenos or Green Chiles
- Ketchup, Mustard & Relish
- Mayo, a sandwich spread or even this pickle dip.
- Fry sauce, chili, or salsa & grilled corn guacamole
How to Cook Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
When you’re short on time, this is the best way to make hot, juicy burgers!
- Place each patty in a single layer on the tray. Brush tops with bbq sauce. PRO TIP: This is where you can sprinkle on any special seasoning blend. We like taco seasoning, Montreal seasoning, or chili seasoning.
- Cook according to recipe, checking the temperature with a meat thermometer (should be 160° F). Top each patty with a slice of cheese and air fry another minute more.
Time Saving Tips!
- Always preheat the air fryer so the food starts getting crispy on the outside as soon as the heat hits it. This also seals in the juices!
- Try using a toothpick or skewer to poke holes in the patties before brushing with sauce. This lets the flavor penetrate the meat for juicy and flavorful burgers.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – so juicy!
- Air Fryer Home Fries – easy to make.
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs – a quick lunch
Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
- 4 frozen burger patties 1/2" thick
- 4 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- toppings as desired
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place frozen patties in a single layer in the air fryer. Brush the top with barbecue sauce.
- Cook 8-10 minutes or until patties reach 160°F with a thermometer.
- Top with cheese and air fry 1 minute more.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.