Oven Baked Potato Wedges are a classic snack, appetizer, or side dish that goes with anything anytime!
A little oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese make crispy potato wedges that are hot, hearty, and perfect for dipping and dunking. It’s so easy to make this baked potato wedges recipe that goes with anything from fish to hamburgers to hot dogs.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
- Just toss potato wedges in oil, cheese, seasonings, and bake. Fast, easy and on the table in minutes!
- Double or triple up on the recipe and keep extras warm in the oven. Or reheat them in the air fryer or under the broiler for a few minutes.
3 Main Ingredients!
POTATOES: Russets are always best for French fries because they are high in starch which makes them extra fluffy inside while the outside gets nice and crispy. No time to prep potatoes? Use a bag of frozen wedge potatoes, steak fries, waffle fries, even tater tots. For a healthier version switch out the russets for sweet potatoes, the kids will love them!
SEASONINGS: This basic recipe uses just garlic and salt and pepper, but any premade seasoning would also work. Try taco, chili, or even ranch seasoning and make a new snack every time!
CHEESE: Parmesan cheese has a bright tangy flavor and adds a light, crispy coating. They can also be made with cheeses like shredded cheddar or a Mexican blend.
How to Bake Potato Wedges
Whip up a batch of crispy fries in no time and serve them piping hot, alone, or with a creamy dip.
- Soak cut potato wedges in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain wedges and pat them dry.
- Toss in oil, cheese, seasonings and bake (per recipe below).
How Long to Bake Potato Wedges?
Bake until wedges are golden brown and tender, about 40 minutes. PRO TIP: Make wedges extra crispy by sprinkling more parmesan cheese and place them under the broiler for about one minute.
What to Serve with Potato Wedges?
This homemade baked potato wedges recipe is a perfect side for a grilled Turkey Burger or Mushroom Hamburger Steak And Gravy. Delicious beside an Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dog or dipped into a hearty Buffalo Sausage Dip or a Creamy Bacon Dip. Let’s not forget ketchup, the classic french fry dip, or a nacho cheese sauce, a Homemade Chip Dip, or even a creamy Onion Dip. The possibilities are endless for these crispy potato wedges!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Cut potato wedges in uniform sizes so they bake at the same rate. Keep leftover oven-baked potato wedges in a covered container in the refrigerator. Reheat them again in the oven and crisp under the broiler, or use an air fryer at a high temperature.
Other Easy Potato Sides!
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes – easy 5 minute prep.
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes – loaded and delish!
- Loaded Mashed Potato Cups – a great way to use up leftovers.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – a hearty casserole.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and soak in water for 15-30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry. Toss with olive oil, cheese, and seasonings.
- Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- For even baking be sure to cut potato wedges into uniform sizes.
- Refrigerate leftover potato wedges in a covered container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat wedges in the oven and crisp under the broiler, or use an air fryer at a high temperature (refer to air fryer instructions for approximate reheat time)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Oven Baked Potato Wedges recipe!