Having a snack attack? Cook Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings in no time flat!
Frozen onion rings in the air fryer will take less time to cook than it does to make our amazing dipping sauces! They come out absolutely crispy, crunchy and totally delish! These are so perfect for an appetizer or side dish.
Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
PIN IT to your SIDES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Frozen Onion Rings in The Air Fryer
- The air fryer makes the best onion rings! Crispy on the outside and tender sweet on the inside!
- Fast and fun, so easy in the air fryer, even the kids can make them!
- No long oven baking times and minimal clean-up!
Which are the Best Frozen Onion Rings?
There are so many brands of frozen onion rings on the market, the best way to find the ones that are good for your crowd is to learn what kinds of coatings onion rings come in.
Beer Battered: ale, eggs, and water-based batter that puffs up away from the onion making them extra-large and extra crunchy!
Breadcrumb Coating: seasoned, fine breadcrumbs or cornmeal clings to the onion for a thick coating. Breadcrumb coated onion rings hold up better for dipping!
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
This hot snack will be ready in 1, 2, 3 easy steps!
- Place frozen onion rings in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook until crispy and golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve immediately with a choice of dipping sauces.
What to Serve with Onion Rings
Ketchup is the go-to for onion ring dipping, but why not add a little Tabasco sauce for a zesty dip? Ranch dressing, honey mustard, or even this homemade onion or bacon dip are fun and tasty! And onion rings are a classic side with burgers, hot dogs or even sliders! Round out the meal with a platter of healthy fruit kabobs with a chocolate drizzle and a pitcher of sparkling berry lemonade.
Time Saving Tips
- The key to onion ring perfection is to start with a preheated air fryer. This allows the hot air to immediately seal the outside, making it extra crispy while the inside stays juicy!
- For multiple batches, place air-fried onion rings on a baking sheet in a single layer. Once all the onion rings are cooked, pop them back into a heated air fryer to crisp them up again super fast!
- For seasoned rings, spray pan release on frozen onion rings and then toss them in a zippered bag with your favorite seasoning. We like taco seasoning, chili seasoning, or even ranch dressing seasoning!
Other Fave Appetizers To Make In The Air Fryer!
- Air Fryer Hot Pizza Rolls – snack in 10 minutes flat!
- Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer – extra crispy.
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets – the best way to cook nuggets!
- Chicken Drumsticks in the Air Fryer – quick and delicious
- Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos – a tasty twist on nachos.
Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- 1 package frozen onion rings 16 oz package
- dipping sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes flipping the rings halfway through cooking.