This honey garlic sauce is the all-in-one recipe every kitchen needs!
This sweet, savory, and sticky sauce comes together with 5 ingredients in less than 10 minutes!
Easy Sweet and Savory Sauce!
- This honey garlic sauce recipe is a simple combination of ingredients that are probably already in the refrigerator! Make it anytime a quick sauce, marinade, or glaze is called for!
- The pungent flavors of garlic and soy sauce are balanced by honey and brown sugar to make a thick sauce for anything from meatballs to fried shrimp to pork ribs to salmon!
- This recipe is perfect for extra flavor profiles! Stir in some extra seasonings to create a unique, signature sauce!
Ingredients And Variations
Sweet – Honey and brown sugar cook down into a sweet coating. Maple syrup or a dash of ketchup can be switched out or added to the sauce.
Savory – Soy sauce and garlic add depth of flavor. Omit the soy sauce for lower sodium coconut aminos, and grate in some fresh ginger with the minced garlic.
Spicy – Totally optional hot and spicy add-ins are sriracha, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes for color.
How to Make Honey Garlic Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Whisk in slurry, bring to a boil.
- Simmer until thickened.
A Versatile Sauce!
Making a double batch is easy to do! And once this sauce is used in so many ways, that double batch will be perfect! Why not brush it over a pork tenderloin, or add it to this Instant Pot chicken recipe. Make simple meatballs extra special, and these air fryer wings are ready just in time for the big game! Brush over shrimp, or oven-baked ribs, and keep some handy as a glaze for Hawaiian kebobs.
How To Store Garlic Honey Sauce
Keep this sweet garlic sauce in a covered container like a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze in ice cube trays before transferring individual portions to a zippered bag. Use these handy portions to mix into a marinade or add to a stir fry!
Sauces To Try!
Homemade Honey Garlic Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Combine soy sauce, honey, brown sugar and garlic in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, then whisk into saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Recipe will make about 1 cup of sauce.
- Nutrition is calculated on a 1 Tablespoon serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.