Indulge in this rich and velvety Crockpot taco dip, an exquisite blend that’s ideal for dipping, scooping, or topping!
This delectable creation effortlessly combines seasoned ground beef, luscious Velveeta cheese, zesty Rotel tomatoes, and fiery jalapenos.
With such simple yet remarkable ingredients, this taco dip recipe practically prepares itself, offering a tantalizing treat for any occasion.
Best Taco Dip!
- The taco dip recipe is the best because of its incredible flavor. It combines seasoned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and spicy jalapenos for a delicious blend.
- Whether used for dipping, scooping, or topping, this recipe is a hit for any occasion.
- With simple ingredients and a slow cooker, this Crock Pot taco dip practically makes itself.
- Plus, you can easily personalize it to suit your taste. It’s a tried-and-true favorite that never disappoints.
Ingredients and Variations
Velveeta: Easily the most popular cheese when it comes to dips, melted Velveeta becomes soft and creamy with a sharp cheddar taste. Mix in some sour cream for a thinner dip.
Ground Beef: Similar to queso, Crockpot taco dip includes ground beef making it thicker and heartier.
Tomatoes: Super convenient Rotel diced tomatoes are already loaded with green chiles and southwestern seasonings, so all you have to do is open the can and pour it in!
Variations: When the dip is ready, stir in some green chiles, hot salsa, jalapenos, black olives, or shredded lettuce. Make it extra spicy and stir in seasoning that also works as a great rub for chicken, steak, or shrimp.
How to Make Crockpot Taco Dip
- Brown the ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Add water, jalapenos, and taco seasoning, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a Crockpot and top with Velveeta and Rotel.
- Cover and cook on low for 1.5 hours and then keep warm setting for serving.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Taco dip with meat is simple to make and loaded with the flavors of Mexico! Scoop it up with tortilla chips or tasty pizza breadsticks, or use as a sauce over nachos, French fries, quesadillas, burritos, tacos, or on a burger or hot dog! Serve it alongside some fruit salsa with honey lime crisps, and a tall glass of sparkling berry lemonade.
Make it budget-friendly and use half ground beef and half Spanish rice, or a can of drained black beans or frozen small-diced potatoes (no need to thaw).
- Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days in an airtight container. For best results, heat on low on the stovetop and stir in a little milk to loosen the cheese sauce.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags and reheat on low on the stovetop, the texture will be grainy, but add a bit more Velveeta,
CrockPot Taco Dip Recipe
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 pound velveeta cut in ½" cubes
- 1 tablespoons jalapeno peppers finely diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 10 ounces rotel tomato & chiles 1 can
- 1 green onion optional
- Brown ground beef and cook with onions and garlic. Drain grease.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water. Stir in jalapeños and taco seasoning and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-quart crock pot and top with cubed Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes.
- Cook over low heat for 1-1.5 hours and reduce to warm.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with tortilla chips.
- Adjust the spice level by adding or reducing jalapenos or using mild/spicy Rotel tomatoes.
- Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Customize toppings like green onions, diced tomatoes, or sour cream.
- Serve with sturdy tortilla chips.
- Keep the dip warm in a slow cooker with a warm setting.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.