A party just wouldn’t be the same without some sort of creamy and delicious dip and that is where this easy Crockpot Taco Dip makes its entrance!
Make this taco dip ahead of time in the crockpot and have it ready to serve hot and ready when guests arrive. Superbly creamy and perfect for dipping taco chips, pita bread, breadsticks, or vegetables. This dip will keep the game day watchers satiated and happy whether the game is won or lost!
Crockpot Taco Dip
PIN IT to your DIPS & APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Party Dip
- Guests are on their way over for a party and it seems like there are too many things to do? This dip is the perfect fix-it and forget it appetizer that will keep everyone humming with happiness, including the host or hostess.
- With just a few simple and easy-to-find ingredients this dip won’t take long to put together.
- The Velveeta cheese will give this dip a little bit of a sharp bite while keeping it gooey cheesy good. This dip is almost like queso, except this recipe is made with meat and has a little more flavor and substance.
- This dip is best served with Pizza Dough Breadsticks, Pizza Dough Breadsticks, or taco chips. Serve it alongside some Mojito Fresh Fruit Salsa with Honey Lime Crisps, or a drink of Sparkling Berry Lemonade.
Ingredients & Variations
VELVEETA When heated Velveeta turns into the perfect dippable cheese – soft and creamy. It will remain consistently perfect with every recipe, this is why it is the best cheese for dips.
SEASONING The secret ingredient to giving this dip a hint of Mexican-inspired flavor is the taco seasoning. This seasoning can be found at almost any supermarket.
TOMATOES Don’t use just any canned tomatoes for the dip. Rotel tomatoes are tomatoes mixed with chilis and other spices. These tomatoes will add another dimension of flavor to this taco dip.
VARIATIONS Sprinkle some extra shredded cheese, some black olives, shredded lettuce, or some diced tomatoes after the dip has cooked for an hour. The Velveeta can also be replaced with cream cheese. Add some refried beans for a deeper flavor.
How to Make Crockpot Taco Dip
Dip into this creamy dip and become so totally addicted!
- Brown the ground beef and add water and taco seasoning.
- Add to crockpot. and stir in tomatoes and Velveeta.
- Cook (as per the recipe below).
Top with garnishes and serve.
Tips for a Creamy Cheesy Dip
- Keep it warm in the crockpot until it is ready to serve.
- Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. Just keep it in an airtight container.
Make it Mexican Night
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos – spicy and juicy
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – healthy and simple
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas recipe – easy and delicious
- Southwest Shredded Chicken Enchiladas – so easy
CrockPot Mexican Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 pounds velveeta cubed
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 20 ounces rotel tomato & chiles 2 cans
- 1 bunch green onions optional
- Brown ground beef and cook with onions and garlic. Drain grease.
- Add ¼ cup water. Then stir in jalapenos and taco seasoning and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to crock pot and top with cubed Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes.
- Cook over low heat for 1 hour and reduce to warm.
- Slice green onions into thin slices for garnish. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.