Creamy Potatoes and peas recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ForTheLoveOfHam #CollectiveBias
Creamy Potatoes and Peas
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
The holidays are such a fun time! They’re filled with fun, food, friends, and family! I don’t know about you but I always cook a ham for almost every holiday during the year. I feel like the holidays aren’t complete without a ham dinner!
One of my favorite dishes to serve with ham is creamy potatoes and peas. It reminds me of holidays when I was a little girl, and it’s a recipe I want to pass on to my kids as well. It goes so well with the ham, it’s the absolute perfect side dish!
This is quite easy to make and is always an impressive side dish!! I don’t care for peas, and even I love this recipe!
- 10 medium red potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cups half & half
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cube potatoes and boil for 12-15 minutes or until almost fork tender.
- Add peas and boil for another 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, stir in flour to create a roux.
- stir over med heat until the roux turns a golden brown.
- Add half & half one cup at at time.
- Stir in each cup as the mix thickens.
- Bring to a slight boil and then shut off heat.
- Stir in potatoes and peas.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is delicious and it’s the absolutely perfect side dish to compliment the Hormel ham! My holidays aren’t complete without those two foods on my plate! What about you? What are your favorite holiday dishes? What is your favorite side dish recipe to go with your ham? Get more delicious holiday recipes here.