Sour Cream Noodle Bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you are a cheese lover, look no further than this Sour Cream Noodle Bake recipe! Loaded with ground beef, smothered with 3 different types of cheese and pasta sauce all baked together to create a delicious combination that may just top your favourite lasagna recipe!
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
It is difficult to find ways to make mealtime interesting and fun. Serving the same dishes can be monotonous for both you and your family. This Sour Cream Noodle Bake recipe helps to break up the ‘same old lasagna’ blues and gives you an easy and tasty alternative to a classic favourite!
While this recipe really is a modification from the traditional lasagne, I may suggest some further alterations as well.
- I love to add ground sausage or use half sausage and half been. You may find a spicy Italian sausage can zest things up a bit, or if you prefer leaving it mild that is fine too. I also love ground chicken as an alternative to beef.
- Using the traditional tomato pasta sauce is delicious, but try it with your favourite cream or alfredo sauce with a spoonful of pesto added in for an extra rich and cheesy dish!
- You can always substitute greek yogurt for sour cream which works just as well and is just as tasty!
- Choose any pasta you have on hand. I have used fusilli or fettuccini for fabulous results!
- When it is hot outside, I love to use my BBQ instead of my oven. This recipe works fabulous in the BBQ! I like to set it on the upper shelf to avoid burning the bottom.
Serving this Sour Cream Noodle Bake with a salad and slice of garlic bread or fresh roll completes this meal. I love my Easy Greek Salad or even my Broccoli Salad Recipe, both would go great with this meal!
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 24 oz can or jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 lb rotini pasta cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella divided
Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet. Drain any fat.
Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning simmer about 5-10 minutes.
With a mixer, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in garlic powder, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and garlic powder.
Spread half of the meat sauce in a 9 x 13 pan. Top with rotini. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pasta layer.
Spread remaining sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with mozzarella.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
Give yourself a break from the same old meal ideas tonight or if you cannot decide what to take to your next potluck party, give this sour cream noodle bake a try! Your family and friends will be so surprised at how delicious it truly is!