Quick, easy and super cheesy, these Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos are ready in less than 20 minutes!
Tater Tot Nachos are the darlings of the snack world! Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, Tater Tots can be served with any meal, at any time, and in a million different ways! This recipe for cheesy tater tots made Tex-Mex style is one you are going to love!
Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos
PIN IT to your SNACKS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Tater Tot Nachos
- We love these Tater Tot Nachos because they are the perfect combo of our two fave snacks: tots and nachos! Totchos! Plus these are loaded with all the yummy toppings that make nachos famous.
- Make a fun cheesy tater tots appetizer by threading cooked tots onto wooden skewers and placing them in a casserole dish. Cover with shredded cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and broil until the cheese is melted. Cover with our homemade salsa and serve with bowls of sour cream, ranch dressing, bbq sauce— and why not some grilled corn guacamole for dipping? What a great party idea!
Ingredients and Variations
Anything goes on nachos, so anything can go on totchos!
TATER TOTS – An easy bag of frozen tater tots is all that’s needed for the base. Easy peasy!
BASICS – Start with the basics like cheese, jalapenos, olives, tomatoes, and green onions like we did here.
VEGETARIAN – Make a vegetarian version and top with seasoned black beans, red onions, and lots of diced avocados! You’ll create so many recipes that tater tot nachos will be a weekly treat!
How To Make Tater Tot Nachos
Stock up on frozen potato tots because everyone will come back for more, and these are ready in no time!
- Place a layer of tots on bottom of the air fryer basket. Cook, shake basket, and continue cooking per recipe below.
- Remove tater tots & line fryer basket with aluminum foil.
- Place tots back in basket & top with shredded cheese. Cook until cheese is melted & bubbly.
- Add toppings and serve hot.
In the Oven:
No air fryer? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered right here. Here’s some easy instructions for how to make our air fryer recipe in the oven instead!
- Bake tater tots in a casserole dish for 15 minutes, stir, and bake another 8 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake until the cheese is melted about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and toppings and serve hot.
What To Serve With Tater Tot Nachos
We love our tater tots with queso, too! Here’s a Mexican Beefy Queso Dip cheese dip recipe you’ll love! We also like to serve totchos with a fresh Mexican Corn Salad, and a refreshing pitcher of Sparkling Berry Lemonade!
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots – a quick snack or side.
- Frozen Burgers – easy Air Fryer recipe!
- Air Fryer Hot Pizza Rolls – perfect appetizer.
- Hot Dogs – only 10 min in the Air Fryer.
- Cajun Fries – just 2 ingredients
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders – crispy!
Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos
- 1 bag tater tots 32 oz, frozen
- 3 cups shredded tex mex cheese
Toppings as Desired (optional)
- green onions
- salsa & sour cream
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place tater tots in a single layer and cook 8 minutes. Gently shake the basket and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until tots are crispy.
- Remove tots from the air fryer basket, line basket with foil. Add tots back to foil lined basket and top with shredded cheese. Cook 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from air fryer and top with desired toppings.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and cook tater tots 15 minutes. Stir and cook 8 minutes more.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake 4 minutes more or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top tater tots with desired toppings.
- Serve immediately.