Filling, flavorful and so cheesy this easy queso dip recipe is the perfect party snack!
Need a quick queso dip recipe? Seasoned ground beef is mixed with melty cheese and salsa and served hot and ready with chips, breadsticks, or your favorite veggies!
Easy Cheesy Dip!
- This beef queso dip recipe only uses four ingredients and one skillet that goes from the stovetop to the tabletop in minutes!
- Make it and take it or make it up to a day ahead and simply reheat it in time for a party or the big game! Keep it warm in a crockpot and let guests help themselves!
- Think outside of the bowl and serve Velveeta queso dip as a spread for burgers, chili dogs, tacos, nachos, and even omelets!
4 Ingredient Recipe!
Beef: This is a great recipe to use up leftover meat from Taco Night or even ground sausage, shredded chicken, or turkey. If there’s no time to cook beef, or you don’t have any, use a can of chili with meat instead. Easy peasy! Save some cents (and cooking time) and replace the meat with a can of drained black beans or kidney beans.
Cheese: Velveeta is the ultimate cheese for easy, even melting, and bold flavors! Cream cheese can be melted down with shredded cheddar, a Mexican cheese blend, or for a real Mexico flair, use white queso blanco or cotija.
Salsa: Blend your own homemade salsa and make it as spicy as you like or for a less spicy version, use a can of tomatoes (with the juices). Pico de gallo is another option that will add a punch of zesty flavor, too!
Extras: Sliced black olives or jalapenos, diced green chiles, corn niblets, and even some finely chopped broccoli, kale, or cauliflower will go a long way (and add some nutrients as well)!
How To Make Queso Dip
- Cook ground beef and drain the fat (as per the recipe below).
- Add taco seasoning and water, then simmer.
- Add processed cheese and salsa and stir until the dip is melted and heated through.
- Serve warm.
Serving and Storing Suggestions
Serve this dip with some easy cheesy chicken taquitos, baked potatoes, chicken nachos, or even top a tater tot casserole. Keep leftover easy beef queso dip in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave and thin it out with a little milk, if needed.
Other Easy Dips!
Easy Beef Queso Dip
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning 1 ounce
- ⅓ cup water
- 16 ounces processed cheese cubed
- 1 cup salsa any variety
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet. Drain any fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning and ⅓ cup of water. Let simmer until the water has evaporated.
- Add the processed cheese and salsa, stirring over medium heat until melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.