Because cream cheese biscuits are so satisfying and delicious, the rest of your meal can be super simple. Serve them along with coffee, tea, and juice for an easy Continental breakfast. Or, serve with scrambled eggs and a fresh fruit salad for a complete meal if you want to get elaborate.
Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits
Pin it your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How to Make Cheese Biscuits
Most versions of cheese biscuit involve putting grated cheese right in the dough. And for this quick and easy cheese biscuit recipe, it starts with canned biscuit dough!
- Fry the bacon, drain and crumble.
- Combine softened cream cheese with garlic powder, onion, parmesan, and crumbled bacon.
- Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of each biscuit, and fold edges together and pinch to seal.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, top the biscuits with the shredded cheddar and bake until golden brown and the topping is toasted.
Choosing fresh ingredients and being thoughtful about any substitutions will result in the most amazing bacon cream cheese biscuits! You can substitute asiago or Romano for the parmesan and Colby, Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack for the cheddar if you prefer. It will give you a cheddar cheese biscuit with a flavorful kick!
How to Make Homemade Biscuit Dough:
You can also make your own biscuit dough if you prefer. Be sure to make the drier rolled biscuit dough that is more like pastry, and the not the wetter version that is more like cookie dough. Here’s a simple recipe that will produce fabulous cheese biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening (margarine, lard or butter)
- ½ to ¾ cup milk
To prepare biscuit dough, follow these steps:
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles bread crumbs
- Add the milk a little at a time until the dough is soft but not sticky. (You might not need all the milk.)
- Roll the dough out one inch thick and cut into rounds.
How to Reheat Biscuits
Garlic cheese biscuits can be frozen after cooking and reheated. To warm them up, be sure to thoroughly thaw at room temperature first. Then warm at 300°F for 10 minutes. They will keep in the freezer for up to three months or in the refrigerator for several days.
More Tasty Appetizers You’ll Love
- Creamy BLT Dip Recipe – perfect for a party
- Cheesy Breadsticks – made with 2 different cheese!
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – great finger food
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets – delicious baked or fried!
- Buffalo Sausage Dip – everyone’s spicy favorite!
Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, green onions, garlic salt, and parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Open can of biscuit dough and separate out each biscuit. Roll each biscuit out flat.
- Take a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and place it into the center of the biscuit dough.
- Take edges of the biscuit dough and fold over until cheese is covered. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and repeat until all the biscuit dough is filled. Sprinkled grated cheddar cheese on each biscuit before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.