Delicious Smashed Potatoes recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” by clicking the photo above!!
You will not believe how delicious these smashed potatoes are!!! OH.MY.WORD! This was as pretty as I could make these, but you need to make this recipe. You need to eat them. You will never want to eat potatoes cooked any other way. I promise. Now hurry, what are you still doing here?! Go make these! Now! 🙂 Please let me know how much you loved them, it will make me happy!!
- 2 pounds small white potatoes
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large pot.
- Cover potatoes with chicken broth (enough to cover potatoes), and add in olive oil.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Once the broth has mostly evaporated, (leaving potatoes over heat and in the pot) smash potatoes lightly with a masher and let potatoes crisp a bit.
- Flip the potatoes over and repeat.
- Add butter and cheese and blend in.
- Season to taste.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Inspired by Cook the TV