Preparing a meal is such a sweet and thoughtful way to celebrate Mom on her special day and kids of all ages can easily put this dish together! It’s a fun way to get the whole family involved in the kitchen.
Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
An easy and delicious breakfast casserole is the perfect way to start the day. Even better when it can be made a day or two ahead and simply popped in the oven before breakfast! I am excited to have partnered with Simply Potatoes to bring you this easy breakfast favorite!
Breakfast Enchilada Ingredients
This casserole is a hearty, hash brown, egg, and cheese-filled meal. We love this recipe because it’s quick to make and tastes great!
TORTILLAS: While enchiladas are typically made with corn tortillas, I most often use flour tortillas in this recipe.
HASHBROWNS: To make prep extra quick for this recipe, we use Simply Potatoes shredded hashbrowns. They’re made from real, fresh potatoes (never frozen) and require no defrosting, chopping, or pre-cooking. These hash browns go straight from the fridge to the filling with no extra work!
ADDITIONS: The base of the filling for this recipe is hash browns. For extra flavor, we add sweet bell peppers, ham, and cheese. I add ham, you can make this with or without ham, bacon or even sausage.
EGG MIXTURE: Eggs are the base of this recipe. I season them simply with salt & pepper but you can add in your favorite seasonings, even a dash or two of taco seasoning.
How To Make Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
Using staple ingredients like eggs, cheese, and Simply Potatoes hash browns makes this breakfast so simple!
- Combine shredded hash browns, ham, cheese, and veggies.
- Roll the mixture in tortillas.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tortillas.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, simply bake the casserole and breakfast is served!
Tips For Making Ahead
- Line your casserole dish with parchment paper or foil to make clean up extra easy!
- Preparing the casserole the night before and refrigerating overnight allows the mixture soak into the tortillas a bit.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before baking.
What To Serve With Enchilada Casserole
And while mimosas are a popular choice for breakfast or brunch, this Raspberry Lime Wine Spritzer is super fresh and delicious too. Mom would love it!
Casserole Toppings For The Win!
Casseroles are the perfect vehicles for curious little cooks to experiment! Why not set out bowls of these goodies and let everyone top their own casserole? Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Black beans
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Green Chiles
- Diced tomatoes
Treat mom to the perfect Mother’s Day brunch with these a breakfast enchilada casserole, using Bob Evans Simply Potatoes! Not only will the kids love to help make it, but they will be just as pleased as mom is to eat it!
Other Delicious Make Ahead Meals To Try!
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – easy to make!
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich – a family favorite
- Spinach Quiche Recipe – the best!
- Egg Muffins – simple grab n go breakfast!
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole – perfect for holidays!
Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- 1 cup ham diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 package Simply Potatoes shredded hashbrowns
- 3 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 8 flour tortillas medium size
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of cheese, ham, green onion, bell pepper and shredded hash browns.
- Starting with one tortilla, add 1/3 cup of the hashbrown mixture and roll. Place seam side down into the prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt & pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture over tortillas.
- Reserve remaining cheese for morning. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow enchiladas to sit on the counter while the oven preheats.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove the foil, top with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.