Grilled Corn Guacamole is perfect for parties, potlucks, or any festive dinners you might have!
Grilled corn, avocados, and tomatoes are the main stars in this recipe and are perfectly paired with cilantro, cumin, and other seasonings. It is delicious served with an easy taco salad bowl or on top of tasty beef enchiladas.
Grilled Corn Guacamole
Pin it to your APPETIZERS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What is Guacamole?
Guacamole is a dip or condiment with mashed avocado as its central ingredient. It is a mainstay of Mexican cooking.
In addition to avocados, this guacamole recipe calls for fresh corn on the cob! It is seasoned with salt, pepper, and cumin to create a full-bodied flavor.
This recipe is easily adaptable with bell peppers or even peas for a slightly sweeter flavor!
How to Make Corn Guacamole
Guacamole with roasted corn is a cinch to prepare, once you have the grill going. Your first step is to prepare the corn.
How to Grill Corn:
- Pull back the husks without detaching, and place cobs on the grill.
- Turn a quarter turn every couple of minutes.
- When the corn is cooked through and most of the kernels are charred, it is ready.
Depending on how hot the grill is, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
How to Make Guacamole:
- Using a knife, cut the kernels from the cob.
- Peel and mash avocados in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste.
If you are wondering what to eat with guacamole you can really eat anything! It’s a thick and substantial dip, so we love serving with corn chips or scoops, celery sticks, pita chips, or even crackers. It would make a delicious avocado toast or as a topping or dressing on a salad too!
How to Keep Guacamole from Turning Brown
Guacamole has a tendency to quickly turn brown from oxidation. The discoloration does not signal spoilage, but it is unappetizing.
Follow these simple tips to prevent the guacamole from browning in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- To refrigerate, lightly press a sheet of shrink wrap on the surface and up the sides of the bowl to create an airtight seal, and then cover the bowl with another sheet of wrap.
- To freeze pack in freezer bags, squeezing out the air before sealing. It will keep up to 3 months in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
If it does turn brown, don’t worry and remember this is a sign of oxidization not spoilage. Just give it a good stir and mash in another avocado for color!
Great Party Appetizers
Chicken Nachos – great for a crowd
Buffalo Sausage Dip – thick, rich & creamy dip!
Fried Tortellini – quick and easy to prepare!
Pizza Mac and Cheese Bites – two all-time favorite foods combined
Jalapeno Popper Dip – three cheese creamy with a kick!
Grilled Corn Guacamole
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels 3-4 ears of corn
- 4 avocados
- 1 lime
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin optional
- Grill the corn until golden brown, when it's cooled, cut the kernels from the cobb
- In a medium mixing bowl mash the avocados
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and the juice from one lime
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cumin (optional)
- Serve with chips
More Mexican Inspired Dishes
- Salsa Chicken Bake – 4 simple ingredients!
- Taco Casserole – made with a surprise crust
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas – 30 min meal!
- Spaghetti Tacos Recipe – messy, fun, and extra delicious
- Mexican Corn Salad – Mexican street corn in a salad!!