Spinach Stuffed Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with a creamy mixture of spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, mozzarella, and spices. It’s a quick, easy and delicious meal that you can enjoy any day of the week!
Looking for a new way to add excitement to regular old chicken? This Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe will definitely do the trick!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Pin it to your CHICKEN BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Chicken is a healthy, versatile way to add protein to any meal, which is why I always keep some in my refrigerator. But half the time, when dinner rolls around, I look at all those packs of chicken… and have no idea what to do with them!
Grilled chicken is good, but it can get dry if it’s marinated. And plain pan-fried or baked chicken is just boring!
Luckily, I’ve found a solution. On those nights when you have nothing prepared and don’t have the creativity or energy to spend whipping up a meal, Spinach Stuffed Chicken or Creamy Tuscan Chicken are both wonderful options!
Filled with a mixture of spinach, cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, sour cream, and spices, the “stuffing” in these Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts tastes like a creamy spinach dip! What’s more, it makes the stuffed chicken taste tender and juicy.
Plus, this recipe is super quick and easy to make!
How To Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken recipe could not be more simple!
- Slice each chicken breast in the middle to form a pocket.
- Mix up the spinach and cheese filling.
- Scoop filling into the middle of each sliced chicken breast
- Sear on both sides in a hot skillet, then transfer to oven.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley before serving
This spinach and cheese stuffed chicken looks like it could be served at a restaurant! And with its tantalizing flavors and textures, plus the hands-off baking time, Spinach Stuffed Chicken is also a great meal to make if you’re hosting company.
Cheesy Breadsticks are a great starter for this meal. Then serve the spinach stuffed chicken with a side of pasta, salad, or steamed veggies and you’ll have a complete, well-rounded dinner that the entire family will enjoy. The stuffed chicken also makes great leftovers for next-day lunches.
If you’re looking for an easy way to make chicken a little more interesting, keep this crowd-pleasing Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe on hand for any day of the week!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with a deliciously creamy spinach mixture and are a quick and easy meal that you can enjoy any day of the week!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
Preheat the oven to 350˚F and add olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet and set aside.
Slice the chicken breast in half starting from the side, but do not cut all the way through, you want to make a pocket for the filling.
- To make the stuffing, begin by microwaving the chopped spinach in a large bowl for 90 seconds to wilt the spinach.
Remove the spinach from the microwave and stir in the cheeses, sour cream, cream cheese, and seasonings until well combined. Stuff equal parts of the spinach mixture into the prepared chicken breasts and place in the prepared skillet.
- Sear the chicken over medium-high heat on both sides until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)