Spinach and Strawberry Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Refreshing and light, this easy Spinach and Strawberry Salad has feta cheese, broccoli, onion, spinach, arugula and a delicious poppy seed vinaigrette. With so many flavors and textures, its perfect for any occasion!
I love making all kinds of salads like Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, Creamy Potato Salad and of course this strawberry feta spinach salad in the hot summer months. Not only are they mouthwatering delicious but are easy to make too!
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Pin it to your SALAD RECIPES to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My kids love salad, particularly my son Cannon who will eat any salad garnished with fruit, mainly strawberries or blueberries. The secret tip to get Cannon to eat salad every time is the balsamic glaze – he devours the stuff, just like his mom.
And whether you load your salad up with toppings or keep it simple and easy, salads are always a crowd pleaser.
Spinach and Strawberry Salad Ingredients
I love all of the ingredients in this Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe! Especially arugula, it is a staple in almost all of the salad I make.
- Greens – Spinach, arugula and broccoli create the green, leafy base for this salad. They are hearty and flavorful and create an interesting texture. Arugula is so pretty and with its slight peppery flavor, it is a perfect balance with the sweetness from the strawberries and vinaigrette.
- Toppings – Strawberries, feta and red onion are delicious additions to this salad. Not only do they provide delicious flavor and texture, they add a fresh pop of color too. Purchase feta that has already been crumbled. It is a little drier, yet still has a slight creaminess to it which is perfect when adding to salad.
- Dressing – This vinaigrette dressing elevates all of the salad ingredients and is a stunning addition. The poppy seeds and golden, almost honey-like colors make for an excellent glaze on the strawberries.
Tips For The Perfect Salad
- Prepare Greens Ahead of Time – assemble greens in a large bowl and drape 1-2 paper towels over the top. This helps prevent the moisture from settling on your greens while in the fridge. Then cover the top of the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Keep Toppings Separate – add toppings only about 30-60 minutes before you serve and do not add cheese or dressing until just minutes prior.
PRO TIP: Serve the strawberry spinach salad dressing on the side and allow each person to add their own. This also makes for amazing leftovers that are not soggy.
- Kitchen Tools – using a good set of knives, a cutting board, mixing bowls of various sizes and large serving spoons are all essential to making and serving the perfect salad!
- Make it a Meal – add some grilled or shredded rotisserie chicken for a fantastic entree salad! Even pecans or walnuts make great additions, just check with those that you are serving it to for nut allergies.
Other Delicious Salads To Try!
German Potato Salad – a delicious side dish.
Best Ever Potato Salad – as it says, best ever!
BLT Pasta Salad – quick and easy.
Chopped Asian Salad – refreshingly different!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad – a fun treat to serve.
Spinach and Strawberry Salad is such an easy recipe. Loaded with toppings or kept super simple, salads are always a crowd pleaser.
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1 quart strawberries cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- ½ cup purple onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion minced
In a mason jar add sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, honey, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion, intensely shake. Cover, and chill for one hour.
In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss together, drizzle dressing and serve immediately.
You can also just leave the dressing on the side and allow everyone to dress it themselves.
Dressing adapted from Strawberry Spinach Salad.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)