Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLessDeals on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
To get the best results from all pork chop recipes, you really need to start with the best pork chops. Whether your cooked meat comes out fork tender will depend mostly on the cut of pork you choose. Not all pork chops are alike — some are fatty, some are lean. I’ve found that the best cuts to use for oven baked pork chops are the bone-in blade chop, shoulder chop, or sirloin chop simply because they’re the most tender cuts. You can definitely use leaner cuts of pork in this recipe, it’s just that the meat won’t come out as tender. Whichever chops you choose, make sure they’re pale-pink in color (shoulder chops might be a little darker). Also, the chops you choose should look a little marbled (pink meat with white fat); the less marbled they appear, the leaner the pork chops.
What makes these oven baked pork chops so wonderful is that they’re breaded before you cook them, which creates a delicious flavor and gives them a nice, smooth texture when you cover them with cream of mushroom soup that’s been combined with a little Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth, just . . . yummy!
These oven baked pork chops are incredibly easy to make — here are a few quick tips on the process:
- Read through the recipe a couple times just to get familiar with the basic steps involved.
- Before starting, measure and lay out all of your ingredients, including three separate bowls for the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Doing this first will make the whole process a snap!
- You don’t need to oil your baking dish for this recipe!
- Cover your pork chops during the last 25-30 minutes of baking time (after the soup mixture has been added).
I really think you’ll enjoy putting this dish together, and I know you’ll truly love the results! Serve these oven baked pork chops with your favorite variety of rice, mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, along with a side vegetable or salad for a luscious dinner. You can bet that this recipe will become a favorite in your household!
Oven Baked Pork Chop Recipe
- 1 pound pork chops about 4 chops
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil more as needed
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Pat pork chops dry.
- Place the beaten egg in a small bowl. In a second shallow bowl combine flour, garlic powder and pepper. Place bead crumbs in a third bowl. Dredge the pork chops in flour, followed by egg, and then breadcrumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk Worcestershire and broth in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear each pork chop on either side until lightly browned, adding more oil as needed.
- Place chops in a 2.5 quart baking dish and pour mushroom soup mixture overtop. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and chops are cooked through. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.