Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLessDeals on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
To get the best results from all pork chop recipes, you really need to start with the best pork chops. Whether your cooked meat comes out fork tender will depend mostly on the cut of pork you choose. Not all pork chops are alike — some are fatty, some are lean. I’ve found that the best cuts to use for oven baked pork chops are the bone-in blade chop, shoulder chop, or sirloin chop simply because they’re the most tender cuts. You can definitely use leaner cuts of pork in this recipe, it’s just that the meat won’t come out as tender. Whichever chops you choose, make sure they’re pale-pink in color (shoulder chops might be a little darker). Also, the chops you choose should look a little marbled (pink meat with white fat); the less marbled they appear, the leaner the pork chops.
What makes these oven baked pork chops so wonderful is that they’re breaded before you cook them, which creates a delicious flavor and gives them a nice, smooth texture when you cover them with cream of mushroom soup that’s been combined with a little Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth, just . . . yummy!
These oven baked pork chops are incredibly easy to make — here are a few quick tips on the process:
- Read through the recipe a couple times just to get familiar with the basic steps involved.
- Before starting, measure and lay out all of your ingredients, including three separate bowls for the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Doing this first will make the whole process a snap!
- You don’t need to oil your baking dish for this recipe!
- Cover your pork chops during the last 25-30 minutes of baking time (after the soup mixture has been added).
I really think you’ll enjoy putting this dish together, and I know you’ll truly love the results! Serve these oven baked pork chops with your favorite variety of rice, mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, along with a side vegetable or salad for a luscious dinner. You can bet that this recipe will become a favorite in your household!
Oven Baked Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry.
- Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Combine flour and seasonings. Dredge the pork chops in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brown each side adding more oil as needed.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish, and cover with foil. Bake 35 min.
- While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk Worcestershire and broth in a medium bowl.
- After 35 min top with soup mixture, cover and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Serve over rice.