This Homemade Salsa Recipe is super easy to prepare and ready in just 5 minutes! Made with tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime and cilantro, it’s a delicious dip that can be used as an appetizer or to top pretty much anything!
If you are a true salsa fan, then you need this recipe because it’s delicious, ready in no time, and budget-friendly! It tastes just like what you would find at a Mexican restaurant, but at a fraction of the cost. Pair it with these tasty breakfast enchiladas, or air fryer frozen burritos and for dessert serve this mojito salsa.
Homemade Salsa Recipe
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
This easy salsa recipe is so refreshing, flavorful, and versatile. It works great as an appetizer, dip, or sauce and is perfectly matched with your favorite taco or enchilada recipe. Keep it simple and serve it with corn chips for an easy snack.
Is Salsa Healthy?
Yes! Salsa is made with fresh veggies, is vegetarian, and is also quite healthy. It is loaded with vitamins like vitamin C, as well as antioxidants that can help to prevent heart disease and promote healthy aging.
So next time you want to enjoy this healthy and delicious dish, do not feel any guilt. It is strongly recommended!
How To Make Salsa At Home?
The most important thing is to utilize fresh ingredients. Once you have them ready, you are set!
- Wash all vegetables and fresh herbs. Using a sharp knife, chop the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Using a medium-size bowl, combine everything together. Gently stir and serve.
Spice It Up? Absolutely! This dish can easily be adjusted based on your preference. Simply adjust the spice level by adding or removing jalapeno peppers. Here is a quick guideline:
- Mild salsa – remove the seeds from the jalapeno, and use about half the pepper.
- Medium heat salsa – remove the seeds, and use about 1 full jalapeno pepper.
- Hot salsa – leave the seeds intact, and use one or even more jalapeno peppers.
Looking For A Smoky Flavor? Add chopped canned chipotles in adobo.
Going Tropical? If you like it milder and more tropical, add some sliced fresh mangoes. What a fun and delicious twist!
What Tomatoes Should I Use?
You can use any type of tomato. However, I strongly recommend fresh Roma or cherry tomatoes. They are firm, flavourful, sweet, and just work the best for salsa.
Canned tomatoes can also be used if you cannot find fresh tomatoes. But note that the taste will not be the same. If you want to use canned ones, I suggest using fire-roasted canned tomatoes.
How Long Does Salsa Last?
I recommend serving fresh salsa right away for best results. However, if you want to make it in advance or store leftovers use airtight containers. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Other Delicious Appetizer Recipes!
- Taco Tortilla Rolls Ups – perfect for lunch too!
- Grilled Corn Guacamole – a delicious dip.
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies – for bacon lovers.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps – delicious as a meal as well.
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Ball – perfect for parties.
Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Add the prepared ingredients to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve with corn chips.