For an affordable, easy, tasty recipe this one for Loaded Mashed Potatoes fits the bill!
Anytime the need for old-fashioned comfort food strikes, this loaded mashed potatoes casserole is sure to please. Loaded mashed potatoes is a totally customizable recipe that’s perfect for company or a night with the family at home.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
We love this one because it’s really beyond easy! In three steps this hearty casserole goes from counter to stove to tabletop — how amazing is that? For newer home cooks (or young chefs?) homemade casseroles are always a great way to teach and perfect kitchen skills!
Ingredients and Variations
MAIN INGREDIENTS Every loaded mashed potatoes recipe has two main ingredients: potatoes and cheese! After that, it’s up to you!
MEAT Add leftover chicken, turkey, bacon or ground beef. Even ground sausage tastes great!
VEGGIES Add some green peas, diced bell peppers, or sliced mushrooms. But chopped broccoli and cauliflower can boost the texture and nutritional value!
PRO TIP: Instant mashed potatoes are easily subbed for making fresh mashed potatoes, so give them a try if time is tight!
How To Make Loaded Mashed Potatoes
This mashed potato casserole is quick and super easy to make – easy as 1,2,3!
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for a half cup of the cheddar cheese and scoop into a greased casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake about 30 minutes, or until the cheese topping is melted and the casserole is hot.
- Serve an optional garnish of sour cream and chopped green onions, if desired.
What Goes Well with Mashed Potatoes?
Casseroles are always a complete meal in their own, but we like some sides to round out the meal. Try it alongside some oven roasted asparagus and a tomato salad. Dinner wouldn’t be complete without some yummy pizza dough breadsticks.
- Prep loaded mashed potato casserole in the morning and bake when you get home!
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Freeze in individual portions in aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Label with the date outside and they’ll keep about a month!
- Use leftovers for other recipes like creamy potato soup!
Other Delicious Potato Casseroles To Try!
- Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole – an entire meal in one dish!
- Funeral Potatoes Recipe – a family favorite.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – a delicious side dish.
- Pork Chop & Potato Bake – easy one pan dinner.
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – perfect for weekends.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Mix mashed potatoes, sour cream, green onion, garlic powder, butter, bacon and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spread into a greased 2QT baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350˚ for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.
- Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.